IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a long time since I been browing the forums - decided to do a thread to show all the changes I have done.
The car has now been sitting for over a year now. I first started to build the car, wasn't happy with it and tore it all apart to start over.

The first stage of the car was wheels, tires, suspension, exhaust.
When I first bought the car

Then got some Work Emotion XD9's, Fujitsubo exhaust, Invidia header, Invidia downpipe, Cobb tune, Tial 44mm EWG.

I wasn't happy with that setup, so I decided to make a twinscroll header for the Borgwarner turbo, along with a Vmount setup.

From there I started to mess around with a UTEC system (tune was horrible). And started some carbon fiber work (hood + fenders) Also now got 19" HRE C93 wheels

Phase 3
Still wasn't happy with all that and decided to scrap it all and start again fresh. So my new setup will consist of the following:

Custom twinscroll header - placing turbo in front of the engine
3-4" reducer off the turbo
4" aluminum exhaust
PWR radiator core with custom endtanks
PWR intercooler core with custom endtanks
Titanium chargepipes
Titanium catch can
Titanium overflow bottle
pair of 38mm EWG's
Tial 50mm BOV
Aeromotive fuel rails
Aeromotive FPR
Aeromotive Y block
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Widebody kit (consist of Chargespeed front fenders, Kakumei rears, stock front and rear bumpers)
custom front splitter/canards

Some pics of the current progress on the new setup
PWR radiator with custom end tanks

custom CNC'd 3-4" reducer

New turbo location

The new twin scroll header

and just for fun this was my car at a local car show (in June) with the old vmount setup

Attachments

·
Starkiller Moderator
3,671 Posts
Holy crap Fab work! That is nothing I have ever seen before. Crazy stuff man.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some header fab updates. The last pic shows how horrid the stock crank pulley looks - time for a Perrin light weight pulley.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the positive comments. The local fabricator here does some crazy work!! The last few bits that will be created are titanium charge pipes and catch tank :) should look real trick.

I do still have the SSR's and not sure what to do with them? winter set possibly

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts
What size tires are those? Like the direction you are going with the turbo. I look forward to seeing it completed.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Thanks for all the positive comments. The local fabricator here does some crazy work!! The last few bits that will be created are titanium charge pipes and catch tank :) should look real trick.

I do still have the SSR's and not sure what to do with them? winter set possibly
PLEASE dont make them winter wheels, they dont even make them anymore and they are very light. You could use them for drag I guess, or sell them! haha, how wide are they?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I potentially want to sell both sets of wheels.
SSR GT2 wheels I got when I bought the car, 18x8.5, Pirelli Pzero tires (225/40/18). I went up a rounded curb while rushing to a wedding and bent one of the rims a little, so now has a wobble :(
HRE C93 wheels are 19x9.5+49 offset using 5mm spacer. 265/35/19 Eagle F1 tires. With world rally blue stripe painted on outside. These rub like crazy so I need to run widebody fenders. Using Chargespeed fronts (+20mm) and putting on the Kakumei widebody rears once I make a mold for them and pop some carbon fiber reproductions.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Those wheels should fit fine with the right coilovers and fenders rolled, I have +40 9.5 in the rear and +30 9.5 in the front of my stock bodied bugeye. If you fit wide fenders on that you will need a 25+ mm spacer or different wheels as they will be way inside your fenders.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice build going on here :tup:
What didnt you like about your phase 2 setup?
All the clearances were to tight. Had to shave the hood to make room for charge pipes, the up-pipe was hitting the engine cradle on hard corners, etc...Just to many small issues. So that's the reason for this new setup which is coming along great!

Those wheels should fit fine with the right coilovers and fenders rolled, I have +40 9.5 in the rear and +30 9.5 in the front of my stock bodied bugeye. If you fit wide fenders on that you will need a 25+ mm spacer or different wheels as they will be way inside your fenders.
I am running BC Racing coilovers to gain some extra clearance. But with +49 offset I just cant fit any bigger than a 265 tire in there without running some huge spacers. So I will sell these HRE wheels and get a perfect fitting set of rims to accomodate some huge rubber haha.

In the mean time here's some more pics.
Header all finished

header installed with a picture of the downpipe

1 - 20 of 97 Posts