IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kidding...
Just venting...
Don't get me wrong this car is great at speeds under 100mph.

Maybe my perception of power has been tainted due to my liter bike and previous big hp cars in my past.

Beyond 100 mph its too slow and the brakes are ok, but I will be looking hard at upgrade options.

Ok, I am done..Let the flames begin

·
Registered
586 Posts
New to the Boards!

Best Upgrade Option Possible: Give it to me. :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cleaning out the inside of the motor...

Hey, if plus one hundred is your thing... You sound like you have the experience and if you're not endangering others I say go for it!

Every car is specialized in some way; I don't get a lot of looks in my eight-year-old Ford Ranger but it's great for hauling pine straw. I think the STi is a great little all-around performance car which is why I chose it. It's sure a better car than I am driver!

Even the STi is specialized in certain areas, the people who complain about the second gear ratio must not do a lot of uphill acceleration.

M

·
0 Posts
I agree that after 100, the rate of speed increase in the STi slows dramatically. Like, those last 15 miles to hit 147 (153 on my odometer) take FOREVER.

But, I figure, I do the vast majority of my driving below 100 and so I don't mind so much, :D.

·
Registered
26 Posts
too funny

·
Registered
85 Posts
my wife is afraid of mine :evil:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm just lucky none of the guys in my house can drive MY car. None can even drive a manual transmission. So no problem here. My husband never asks to borrow the car. And speeds over 100 weren't a problem on the trip to Florida and back, traffic permitting of course. But I would say go ahead and give the car to your wife, she would probably really appreciate it more. If money is no problem, why not try the new porsche GT3, that's my dream car. Should have enough power and speed for you assuming you can find enough roads to use it on. SFRinNJ

·
Registered
343 Posts
STight said:
Don't get me wrong this car is great at speeds under 100mph.

Also, take the STi out in the snow. You guys/gals in the snow belt know what I'm talking about :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
ss3homer said:
Why not a GT2, sure they're more expesnsive, but if money was no issue, why not??? They're faster
Because the handling isn't as pure (read: wicked) as the GT3, the GT2 is heavier, and the behavior of a the turbocharged engine in the GT2 is still that of a turbocharged engine.

There's something special about doing it with revs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FIA-WRC said:
It may not be a bad idea to give it to your wife. Maybe you'll miss it and crave for it again... :lol:
Or if you give it to your wife, she'll probably love you more for it....that wouldn't be a bad upgrade!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts