IW STi Forum banner

621 - 623 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #621
So things did not exactly go as planned

I had an alignment appointment and they torched the hell out of my axle boots right before Speed Ring.

I should have just taped it up rally style and cleaned the car up but I skipped Speed Ring and ordered the right parts to do an axle boot.

Well fun fact the female axles I have use a 2002-2003 Wrx outer boot not the same boot as a 2004-2007 Sti. While messing around with the outer boot we noticed the axle seal on the transmission was damaged so disassembled that to get it fixed correctly. Somewhere along the line I had a stroke and thought I could just put in a 2004-2007 STi axle so I tried that the week before a track day and it ended it failure due to the seal not matching up with the axles dust boot covers.

So basically I wasted even more money for a month trying to get to events until I gave up and am in the process of putting the car in storage. What a crappy year but oh well stuff happens.

Next year I have no track days planned , My only plans are to buy a house and get the Wrx back to being a fun street car to drive. I really don't care about track days or anything right now as I am having far more fun taking pictures and playing video games than doing car stuff.

Perhaps that will change next spring but in the mean time I am going to start searching for a replacement daily driver for my 2006 Legacy GT Wagon. Right now I am looking at a bunch of Outback XTs that are rust free and need a little love.

So 2020 looks like it will be a lot more of taking pictures and driving the car to work than paying people to do work on my car then having to fix it myself or pay others to do it again.

Here are some pictures

a Supra I shot last week , very impressive car for the price point

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #622
Well due to changes in this forum I will no longer be logging on here , I will still be active and I am in the process of renovating my personal website

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I dont like the new changes too but I feel if I drop out the last the old school forums will be under threaf by social media...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

621 - 623 of 623 Posts