Today the wagon decided it wanted to spice up my life

RIP Koni yellow

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: STi Wagon Weekend Race Car , Function > Form

I had a fun morning

Officer Buzzkillington of the Center Line Police department pulled me over this morning because i rolled though a yellow light. He then told me that a yellow light means I am legally required to stop , Which is false as it just means that you are supposed to slow down and use caution. It was in a 45 mph zone and locking up my brakes would have been dangerous for whoever was behind me due to them most likely not having brembos and RE11s to slow them down.

He wrote me up for running a red light so we have a court date coming up , Also said I was flying away from him.... so apparently 4800rpm in second gear on V7 Spec C RA six speed is flying away from him at around 40mph.

Another wonderful case of Michigan Police efficiency

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Puncture on older tires means they all get replaced with new 235/45/R17 RE11A's !

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

i hate officers like that. i have a good feeling you will be favored in your court appearance though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

i hate officers like that. i have a good feeling you will be favored in your court appearance though.
I hope so , My record is clean since 2007 when I was young and an Idiot

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

New Motor should be here at the end of November along with a bunch of other goodies !

·
Registered
671 Posts

Very interesting journal you have so far, I'm looking to swap a six speed in my car soon as well. Will be checking back on this often.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

Looking good! Gold on Blue rocks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Very interesting journal you have so far, I'm looking to swap a six speed in my car soon as well. Will be checking back on this often.
It all bolts right in , Subaru's are much like legos.

I would suggest doing it all at the same time though , Bolting in a complete rear subframe is so much easier.

Also be prepared for rust if you live in an area that uses salt.

Looking good! Gold on Blue rocks.

Thanks !

Its a great color combo

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Got around to installing the Sti Genome control unit which matches everything quite nicely , Just need to hunt down the 60mm gauges this winter for a full set.

Also made a work friend

·
Super Moderator
10,699 Posts

In the Gone Mad lot of shame, lol.

·
Registered
671 Posts

It all bolts right in , Subaru's are much like legos.

I would suggest doing it all at the same time though , Bolting in a complete rear subframe is so much easier.

Also be prepared for rust if you live in an area that uses salt.

Thanks !

Its a great color combo
Believe me I know I'm in the Poconos

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

I think I have finally decided on a path to take for this build. So many people are going for insane amounts of power with these cars that they are running into reliability problems.

I have decided to basically make an RA-R wagon

This car was fitted with almost every part out of the STi Japan parts box , Spherical bushings in the rear trailing arms , VF42 twin scroll ball bearing turbocharger , adjustable struts and so much more.

It made around 320bhp and 318ftlbs of torque , I think it was under rated from the factory like many cars of its time.

It was a car that you could drive to work on a Monday after taking it to the track on the weekend. It was in my opinion one of the best STi's ever made.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

I hear you there....even tho I still want a 400whp build ?
Having ridden in some 400-500whp STi's

It was very underwhelming for me , Without major headwork the EJ25 just dies in higher RPM's.

Still fun to listen to a 3076 spool though

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Having ridden in some 400-500whp STi's

It was very underwhelming for me , Without major headwork the EJ25 just dies in higher RPM's.

Still fun to listen to a 3076 spool though
i considered going for a build revolving around a 3076. however, the amount of money and work you spend yield little in a sense compared to the reliability and power you will make. im going to have to build something else if i ever go on a power quest. power mods are done for me. :(

21 - 40 of 623 Posts