IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chicago: dealer recommendations?

I have been talking a bit with my dealer, Phil, about having a STi show-n-shine/tech day(s) at his dealership. Our idea was to host an event that would give STi owners a place meet one another. A couple of Phil's chief mechanics recently got back from the SOA STi "mechanics school" (I don't know if that's exactly what the title was but you get the idea); Phil thought that he could get them to spend some time with us going over more of the technical stuff. We were thinking that we could also get SOA to come as well. (I am not sure what capacity it would be in, but it would nice if they could spare a rally car for the day.) Door prices, best shine contest, free food and drinks, etc.

We wanted to get a feel for how many folks might be interested in such an event. This could be a one day or two day event. Phil and I had talked about wrapping it into some civic events to give the whole family something to do. (As well as being able to take advantage of group discounts.)

So if you all have any suggestions or requests let me know. This would be an event for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like great fun, but I don't think I can make the trip out to Idaho!

I love the idea, and maybe us Seattle area guys could steal it. Anybody down for a little get-together sometime soon?

Maybe a nice spirited drive throught the contry followed by lunch somewhere? I know some amazing roads out in the Snoqualmie area.... Who's interested?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adair350: You can absolutely use it -- it is just an idea. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know...I live on that road! The farm roads between Carnation and Fall City are great too. So when are we going to all get together?

·
Registered
32 Posts
And this is perfect Subaru weather. On the dry, we can keep up with most anything. In the wet, not much can keep up with us!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts