IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say hello im new to the forum just sold my 300hp turbo svt focus was a neat car im getting a sti because i have a kid on the way and need something 4 door and fun to drive hopefully i will enjoy this car as much as my last :tup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
if you don't enjoy driving the STi something is seriously wrong with you...

congrats on the car! i remember having to wait my week to pick up my STi. man that was the longest week ever! i was on winter break too. no job, no friends in town either.

oh and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im sure i will love it. can anyone tell me what people are running the 1/4 mile in with a 06 stock sti. i know the car was not ment for dragracing but that is what im into

·
Registered
451 Posts
mike 1 said:
im sure i will love it. can anyone tell me what people are running the 1/4 mile in with a 06 stock sti. i know the car was not ment for dragracing but that is what im into
i'd tell you what i ran but i'm embarressed. :tdown:

local guy here in dayton ran a 13.1 on street tires - with vids to prove it. i ran on a different track on a hot day with <lots o' other excuses> and ran a 14.2 as my fastest. in my defense: my friends GTO ran a 13.9 my other friends SC'ed SVT cobra ran a 13.9 and we were all completely street. spare tire still in, standard street tire pressure. etc.

my best 60' was 1.9 -- had never even gone to the drag strip before. i've only autoX'ed. which you should definately try if you havent.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy the new ride when you get it!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those are pretty good times i went a 13.2 in my focus but that was with a built motor and a turbo that is impressive they run that fast stock. now talking to you guy's friday can't come fast enough. ill post pic's when i get it i searched everywhere in md for blk with gold rims and finnally found one.

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Welcome to the boards and congrats on the car car (Nice color by the way ;)) and congrats on the baby too!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on both counts! :) Just got my 06 a few weeks ago, and you will LOVE this car! Needed something more practical then my usual 2 seater to accomodate the girlfriend, her kid, and a few RC airplanes. Figured so long as I went "practical" it could be fast too... ;) It's my favorite car to date!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
STi_4_Daddy said:
Welcome & Congrats on BOTH babies ;) :tup:

Yeah congrats and welcome! :tup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Xyloft said:
if you don't enjoy driving the STi something is seriously wrong with you...

congrats on the car! i remember having to wait my week to pick up my STi. man that was the longest week ever! i was on winter break too. no job, no friends in town either.

oh and welcome to the forum!
I ordered mine last thursday and its coming sometime early next week....everyday has been torcher!! All I can think about is the STI...i think i have called the dealer everyday asking him for an update haha

1 - 20 of 36 Posts