IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a genome today, and the sound is just incredible! its just a great axleback, but I have one question to your genome owners

1. I noticed almost as if my car felt (believe it or not) SLOWER????

what do you guys think??

keep in mind, Im completely stock engine wise, this was my only Mod thusfar, and I knew that it wasnt going to add any noticable HP, if any at all, but I feel not like the car lags more?????

Your input is appeciated!

Other than that, I LOVE THE GENOME,

the thing is mean

·
Registered
900 Posts
I didn't notice that at all. The only thing I noticed about the genome if it's brand new like mine it changes its sound a little in the first couple hundred miles. It gets and little deeper. It's a great axle back for those trying to maintain warranty friendliness and no have something too loud.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DoctorSTi said:
I didn't notice that at all. The only thing I noticed about the genome if it's brand new like mine it changes its sound a little in the first couple hundred miles. It gets and little deeper. It's a great axle back for those trying to maintain warranty friendliness and no have something too loud.

OK ITS JUST ME THEN! Thanks a lot for your input! The sound is just incredible! and when i dont want to be noticed, I just dont mash it! Thanks again

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it really brought out the boxer rumble which I absolutely LOVE

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you think? I think im gonna do it tomorrow! Thanks 520

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, I wish i had done it right after I installed, but it wont make a difference anyhow, have a good one 520

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
o yeah another question, are your genomes angled a tad???

·
Registered
357 Posts
my genome is angled very slightly to the left..barely...anyways i LOVE MY GENOME!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
ejbpnoy said:
my genome is angled very slightly to the left..barely...anyways i LOVE MY GENOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you like it, I love the sound of the Espelir ;] Yeah, my old Genome/ejbpnoy's current Genome was angled a little to the left. Great sound, nice and quiet when cruising, roars at WOT. Nice and deep.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I love mine as well, although I really don't like it being 2.5" since my exhaust setup with stealthback goes like 4"->tapers to 3"->slams down to 2.5"... I might have it up for sale when I replace it with 3" WBR axleback(finally another 3" axleback other than TXS RFL). :)

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Sometimes the Genome has a cool jet whistling sound when you get on it hard . It sounds different than the others. :tup:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KarlSTI said:
Sometimes the Genome has a cool jet whistling sound when you get on it hard . It sounds different than the others. :tup:

Yes i noticed this as well, It definately whistles,

woooooooooo wooooooooooooootttttttt

·
Registered
410 Posts
maybe you think it's slower b/c the sound makes it sound like it should be faster, so your mind kinda tricks you into thinking that.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gte123v said:
maybe you think it's slower b/c the sound makes it sound like it should be faster, so your mind kinda tricks you into thinking that.

Very good point GTE

thanks man

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
520hpSTi said:
yah anytime you do any "performance" type mod, its good to reset.

no prob :)
Except for the genome isn't a performance mod at all. People will think I'm crazy but when I took my genome off when I sold it I looked down into the pipe and I swear the piping where it connects to the midpipe necks down to like 2". I will say, however, that the genome does have a badass sound. I do miss the whistle at 5500 rpms.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts