IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOT that I really need this function to work, in fact I ended up turning it off...

But, the indicator when enabled only shows what gear the car is in REVERSE, but not in 1/2/3/4/5/6th :lol:

Anyone else have this silly feature work properly for them?

For the record, this car does not have a short shifter, oem or otherwise.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine shows all the gears but only when the clutch is fully disengaged. Only gear that shows right away with the clutch in is reverse. I have a Kartboy SS and it has not changed this feature in any way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine shows all the gears but only when the clutch is fully disengaged. Only gear that shows right away with the clutch in is reverse. I have a Kartboy SS and it has not changed this feature in any way.
It can only show gears when the clutch is fully engaged (when it is not pressed in) since this is a function of the gear ratios. But it can show reverse immediately because of the reverse lockout switch.

A shifter will have no effect on this feature whatsoever.

There is a gear determination min/max table in the Accesstuner software that could be used to change these values if you wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Teaching my kid to drive a clutch... first thing she commented on. You'd think if a teen was smart enough to notice this, an engineer would be. Stupid Stupid Stupid. Show the damn gear selection.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
55 Posts
My gear indicator works as intended. It shows the gear when it is ACTUALLY/TECHNICALLY in gear (when the clutch is fully released). I think it is working as intended. When you shift it to first gear without releasing the clutch, it is technically still in neutral. I prefer that it shows it this way and is executed just like an engineer should be doing. Because it gives the literal interpretation and does not make it a guessing game.

Teaching my kid to drive a clutch... first thing she commented on. You'd think if a teen was smart enough to notice this, an engineer would be. Stupid Stupid Stupid. Show the damn gear selection.
I think you shouldnt have your kid rely on an indicator to tell you the gears when first learning. Because all they will be doing is going between neutral to first gear anyways. They should keep their eyes in front of them, not at the cluster, and keep working on the feel of the clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts