IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just had the python 881xp alarm system installed on my sti everything works fine except when i turn off the ignition my gauges stay illuminated and do not turn off, they are the defi bf amber gaues, does anybidy know how to fix this problem or what might be the cause?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
try this, the next time u go to the car start it then turn it off take the key out of the ignition but do not open the doors ... if the radio and gauges stay on, open the door.. everything should shut off as soon as you open the door .... if it does thats a feature of the alarm, basically adding 5mins aux power until the car is exited .. just like most domestic vehicles like chevy gmc etc ... my clifford does the same thing so (python,clifford, viper..etc etc) all under the directed electronics family

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the thing is that the gauges just dont turn off..ever, i had to disconnect the negative battery terminal overnight so the car wouldnt die in the morning

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
You wired the gauge lighting to an always-on circuit instead of a switched circuit. Find the gauge lighting wire going to the gauge (it should be lableled or described in the install instructions), then find a switched power wire (check it with a voltmeter to be sure when ignition is off), connect those two together and there you go.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks wi77iam, i took it back to the car shop and that was exactly what had happen they miswired the guage power line,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts