·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@welaish This is nice & neat, I am looking for the same thing cause I don't like those standalone gauge pods...

Can you display oil pressure and oil temp ?
Thanks! any andriod head unit will work, but I used this one: Amazon.com : Pumpkin In-Dash Double Din Car DVD Player AM/FM Receiver Quad Core Car Radio With 6.2" Capacitive Touchscreen Monitor : GPS & Navigation

Paired with BtSSM App: BtSsm: Adapter+app combo to view/log/graph ECU data from your Subaru (dedicated Subaru App)
These data are running through OBDII using any of the hardware available: BtSsm: Adapter+app combo to view/log/graph ECU data from your Subaru

You cannot run Oil Pressure and Oil Temp as it is not a default Value in the ECU. But if you done a TGV delete. you can wire the Oil Temp Sensor (Right TGV) and Pressure Sensor (Left TGV) and read it instead of the TGV parameters with customized unit you prefer.

Let me know if you require any help on the setup.

wick

·
Registered
113 Posts
you can wire the Oil Temp Sensor (Right TGV) and Pressure Sensor (Left TGV) and read it instead of the TGV parameters with customized unit you prefer......
OK, let me make sure I understand this correctly....you are saying if I delete the TGV then I can use the 2 set of wires intended for the TGV parameters to connect to an oil temp & an oil pressure sending unit. Doing so, the data from the oil temp & oil pressure sending unit will reach the ECU and you can then manipulate the data such that they can be displayed as a oil temp & oil pressure gauges, right ?

If I understand this correctly, then the Android apps would need to perform some data manipulations....does that function exist today ? Has anyone done this already ?

I am adventurous but not enough to be the beta tester for this functionality here....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, let me make sure I understand this correctly....you are saying if I delete the TGV then I can use the 2 set of wires intended for the TGV parameters to connect to an oil temp & an oil pressure sending unit. Doing so, the data from the oil temp & oil pressure sending unit will reach the ECU and you can then manipulate the data such that they can be displayed as a oil temp & oil pressure gauges, right ?

If I understand this correctly, then the Android apps would need to perform some data manipulations....does that function exist today ? Has anyone done this already ?

I am adventurous but not enough to be the beta tester for this functionality here....
Yes thats correct. It has been tested to read fuel pressure. The feature is available.

·
Registered
27 Posts
does this allow for all the other functionalities of Android auto? and how do you like them compared to factory infotainment?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts