IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logos !

ok, i got a boost gauge which i want to put on the a-pillar, and i need some ideas on how to get a illumination wire and a ground wire there. So far, I figured i could go to the back of my headunit, spice the wires there, and run them over to the apillar. Any other ideas or comments would be great. Also, does anyone know where i can get a single A-Pillar pod, otherwise i gotta get a fuel pressure gauge as :wink: .

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
couldn't you get power and ground from the fuse box? it's a lot closer.

edit: oops. you said "illumination". yeah, i guess you have to go to the headunit. so you might as well go there for ground also. sorry.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The closest would be the fuse box.
Ground: just ground it to any 10mm bolt that looks like a ground :)
Remember to get yourself a good multimeter

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have hooked up all kinds of electrical gauges in all of my friends cars, and i try to use the fuse box as much as possible, so in case there is a spark for some odd reason (wires touching etc) it will pop the fuse instead of potentially causing a fire. if you dont mind having the "illumination" on all the time, i would suggest wiring the "illumination" in to the same fuse as the 12v constant. its a judgement call. whatever you prefer. let me know if you have any other questions. also, i have only come across dual a-pillars for wrx/sti. let me know if you come across a single a-pillar.

Kyle R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts