IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would you recomend placing a gauge (only one) if you had to, where do you think the best place would be so it wouldn't get in the way, but still looked good?? (on the steering column, on the pilar etc.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm interested in a potential location for a single gauge too. Anyone got pictures of a gauge in the air vent? Sounds like a decent idea.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Update:4000 miles Blown motor

STiLL said:
Where would you recomend placing a gauge (only one) if you had to, where do you think the best place would be so it wouldn't get in the way, but still looked good?? (on the steering column, on the pilar etc.)
Left A-pillar. I *think* autometer or someone has a single gauge a-pillar replacement although I could be wrong.

EDIT - actually I think they only have 3 or 2 pod setups. They do have the replacement for the trim around the gauges. That holds 2 gauges, you could always blank one out, although it does look a little ghetto : )

http://www.autometer.com/hp/

-st

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Left A-pillar. I *think* autometer or someone has a single gauge a-pillar replacement although I could be wrong.
I didn't want to put it on the left pillar cause it seems played out...looks like everyone else is doing it....

i was thinking somewhere ON the dash.....but i don't know if defi or omori gauges come with mounting brackets...and if they do, are they the sticky kind, or do i have to drill holes?? (i don't want to drill through my dash)...
also i didn't want it to be too high either, cause i don't want it to cut into my view....just enough so that it's in my pereferal (sp?)....any ideas or examples??....

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think the best place is where the clock is........the Subaru kit is just way too much money............I see other companies making a pod for there......

Also "best" placement depends on how important the guage is.....boost should be as close to 'normal driving' line-of-sight as possible.....

I'm goin' with the Autometer triple pillar(boost, oil press and oil temp) 'cause it's affordable and easy install......................and I'm more concerned with functionallity than worrying about what 'everyone else is doing'.....no flame intended

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ang ganda pare!

kinda pricy...and it prolly wouldn't fit 52mm and 60mm gauges??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is this a good deal?

I like the look of that gauge, but need one that reads in Psi, not bar, also the DefiBF gauges match better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
These Defi BF gauges look pretty much the same as the one I posted. I don't think they measure in PSI either. I thought the STi Genome gauge was made by Defi!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts