IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else find that the gas pedal too light? I saw a post on another site to replace the spring inside the pedal which I'm gonna try IF I can freaking find someone who sells just singles in Canada...

I'm a size 9 shoe... so it's not even big, if I relax, I nearly floor it, so i have to hold it up and after 5 years of owning this car my right leg/hip joint is constantly sore, even when not driving.

and I can't sit any further back cuz I'm already tipy toeing the clutch but my right leg feels really crammed, not to mention my arms are pretty stretched out already.

Is there any adjustment or mod to push the gas/brake towards the firewall?!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have seen similar issue solved in the Porsche community by getting a steering wheel extender, not sure if it is available for Subaru but it should be easily fabricated. Google for "Porsche 997 steering wheel extender" to see image. Good luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
In regards to the light pedal feel, you don't need to replace the spring. What I did was open the pedal housing and added 3 quarters behind the spring. That effectively increases the spring rate which has worked out for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The light pedal feel could be the stock throttle map because it goes WOT at 50% accelerator travel. I had my tuner do a more linear throttle map for me so it is less jerky when you go on/off throttle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In regards to the light pedal feel, you don't need to replace the spring. What I did was open the pedal housing and added 3 quarters behind the spring. That effectively increases the spring rate which has worked out for me.
ooo good idea, I'll give that a shot first.

The light pedal feel could be the stock throttle map because it goes WOT at 50% accelerator travel. I had my tuner do a more linear throttle map for me so it is less jerky when you go on/off throttle.
Maps don't change the physical weight of the pedal itself, regardless of maps, I would still floor the pedal if I relax my foot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts