IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know this is supposed to be a high performance vehicle, but was wondering what sort of gas mileage we should expect (barring hard runs and such)? I've only got less than 400 miles on mine, but it seems like I'm down to a 1/4 of a tank after just over 200 miles after a half mix of highway and town driving. Is this to be expected? Since I'm still in the break-in period, I haven't been "gettin' on it", or putting the vehicle at full/high boost or driving it hard. In my '02 WRX (which I'm STILL trying to sell!) it seems like I was filling up after 300 miles or so. I thought the STi was rated at 19/20 mpg city and 25/26 highway. Am I wrong?

Chuck

·
Registered
26 Posts
well i have 360 miles on my 04. I checked miles both times I filled up tank. first time was 16. today it was 18.5. we live about 7 miles out in country but lots of stop signs and i drive around town a lot. what have you gotten so far?

danelle mrs nor-cal puller

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I've got about 4K miles and am averaging about 18 mpg / 250 mi per tank for fairly agressive city/highway driving. I try to keep the revs down but can't help myself.

Happiness is a full tank and an empty road. :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
i've got 3700mi, and i have really only had 1 full tank of all freeway driving. i got 21.2 on that tank, but average about 18.5-19.5.

·
Registered
236 Posts
can you guys please also tell me how many miles do you get in a tank, because I have no clue how to convert from MPG to KMPL...

I'm getting about 290km with city driving.
Geting about 350-380km with pure highway driving... . .

It seems like my milage sux compaired to everyone elses... or did I just do the conversion wrong!
What am I doing wrong?

help help :oops:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
During breakin I was getting 20miles/gal. I just did my first fill up since breakin and I got 16.7 mpg. I have been hitting the gas a little hard though.

G

·
OM3GA, For city driving I usually get 380-400 km per full tank and about 500 km per tank for highway driving. I use 94 octane for city driving but usually 91 for highway because I can never find anything better when travelling.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Just to reiterate the obvious, mileage is highly dependent on how it's driven. I've seen as low as 16 mpg with mostly aggressive city driving and as high as 21 mpg with mostly highway. Bottom line, if I was REAL concerned with mileage I would've bought the Honda hybrid...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Lowest: 5.2 at the track.
Highest: 25.9 heading westbound on I-80 maintaining 85+ mph
Most Common: 16-20 around town

·
Registered
82 Posts
OM3GA-

Here's a rough conversion:
kmpl = mpg x 1.6(km/mi) x 0.264(gal-us/Liter) => kmpl = 0.423 x mpg

Hope this helps.

BTW - I get ~ 18mpg commuting (60/40 city/hwy) & I got ~20 on the open road, with ave speed ~85mph.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have about 1600 miles and an average of about 17mpg with city/hwy driving... (including a governor run :D )

-dp

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
After about 1100 miles, i've averaged in the 18-19 mpg range. Best was 22 in mostly highway, worst was 16 driving up & down Hwy 1.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Turbs, how the heck do you get that kind of milage? I can't get more than 300 km out of a full tank in the city, and that's being conservative!

G

·
Yea I guess I should clarify city driving ;)
I live in a small town where the main street is also the highway, so city driving would definitely not be the same as driving around town in Montreal or other major cities. I can see getting 300k's on a tank in Montreal, I can also see your suspension and clutch wearing out much quicker then most. I used to live in Montreal and still visit on a regular basis, traffic there is like nowhere else on earth. ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Man, I must be lucky....typically, I'm able to squeeze just at 285 miles to a tank for mostly intown driving....it equates to about 21-23 mpg.....on the highway, I was able to get about 320 miles.....almost 26 mpg.....and I enjoy the occassional mashed throttle.....I do not drive the car like I had Ms. Daisy in the back, but I also don't spool the turbo off every red light...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts