IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Alex's 2013 ST-Eye-Popping Build Thread

Honestly, I made this decision because I want my car to be completely mint, and I am very scared of what the salt will do to my car, especially because I do plan to keep this car for a long time! I definitely respect the constructive criticism though!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Subbed to see how the gold grimspeed paint turns out on your wheels! havent seen anyone do it on the 2013 stockers yet and want to see how it looks before i bite the bulet

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Just ordered the JDM Power Folding Mirrors w/ Auto Folding Module from IWSTI member (Monkiboy). Upon arrival of them, IWSTI member Lithiumus will be stopping by to install these for me!
Can't wait!

·
Registered
605 Posts

Nice to see another member from Toronto! I used to live there up until last fall.

What username do you go by on the TSC?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Nice to see another member from Toronto! I used to live there up until last fall.

What username do you go by on the TSC?
It's "Arizzle" Salem, I'm more of a lurker on TSC though...btw cool racing footage at Cayuga! You're a good driver, you follow a good line ;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
UPDATE! Re: Alex's 2013 ST-Eye-Popping Build Thread

Today was my 21st birthday, and after an awesome day, I have a few upcoming surprises for my car come April...

1) JDM Power Folding Mirrors w/Auto-Fold Module purchased from Marcos (IWSTI member: "Monkiboy") Really excited to receive this and have these on my car come April. Also, my friend Garrick (IWSTI member: "Lithiumus") will be installing this awesome part for me. If you haven't already checked out his in depth thread for installing the Power Folding Mirrors, have a look here...
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-interior/264629-jdm-power-folding-mirror-install.html

2) This second mod is inspired by Quincy (IWSTI member: "canadianwrxsti"). Quincy purchased quite a few things, but out of all of the awesome things purchased, the one that really caught my eye was the ARC Alternator Cover. It really is a beautiful piece in the pictures, and I'm sure in person it is even nicer, and with that, I found a listing of one being sold on NASIOC by member "MaD1521" whose name is Marcus. Marcus was such a pleasure to deal with for this purchase. Through interaction over PMing, I immediately could tell that I was dealing with someone who was very professional, sincere, and a down-to-earth guy! It was a very simple and smooth process. Check out his NASIOC page for more rare and awesome parts that he is selling...here's the link:
NASIOC - Search Results

Once again, special thanks to Garrick and Marcos for the Mirrors...expect a write-up on the entire process; as well, a very special thanks to Marcus for selling me this awesome part, and a smooth transaction, I can proudly say that out of the transaction, I most importantly made a top-notch friend in the process...cheers buddy!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: UPDATE! Re: Alex's 2013 ST-Eye-Popping Build Thread

Today was my 21st birthday, and after an awesome day, I have a few upcoming surprises for my car come April...

1) JDM Power Folding Mirrors w/Auto-Fold Module purchased from Marcos (IWSTI member: "Monkiboy") Really excited to receive this and have these on my car come April. Also, my friend Garrick (IWSTI member: "Lithiumus") will be installing this awesome part for me. If you haven't already checked out his in depth thread for installing the Power Folding Mirrors, have a look here...
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-interior/264629-jdm-power-folding-mirror-install.html

2) This second mod is inspired by Quincy (IWSTI member: "canadianwrxsti"). Quincy purchased quite a few things, but out of all of the awesome things purchased, the one that really caught my eye was the ARC Alternator Cover. It really is a beautiful piece in the pictures, and I'm sure in person it is even nicer, and with that, I found a listing of one being sold on NASIOC by member "MaD1521" whose name is Marcus. Marcus was such a pleasure to deal with for this purchase. Through interaction over PMing, I immediately could tell that I was dealing with someone who was very professional, sincere, and a down-to-earth guy! It was a very simple and smooth process. Check out his NASIOC page for more rare and awesome parts that he is selling...here's the link:
NASIOC - Search Results

Once again, special thanks to Garrick and Marcos for the Mirrors...expect a write-up on the entire process; as well, a very special thanks to Marcus for selling me this awesome part, and a smooth transaction, I can proudly say that out of the transaction, I most importantly made a top-notch friend in the process...cheers buddy!
Thanks for the shout out Alex!!!
I will definitely get back to you asap

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
UPDATE: ARC Alternator Cover :D

Update!

Just received my ARC Alternator Cover from member MaD1521. Marcus has been awesome through this entire process! The shipping and packaging of this item was properly packaged, and was delivered very quickly with tracking I.D. provided immediately.

I would rate my experience with Marcus a 10/10. As mentioned before, he was a pleasure to deal with, he constantly kept me in the loop of things as to what was happening, and was very patient with my inquiries. I just want to say thanks for everything Marcus! Go have a look at the parts he is selling, and need not worry, you will be dealing with a TOP seller that'll be headache-free! ;)

Now...for the pics... :)

This was how it came...

As you can see, the packaging was perfect! Nothing was damaged, everything was safe and sound! :)

Here is it out of the box, a little dirty but that's where my detailing products come in :)

All cleaned up :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)

Update!
Just purchased the STi TMIC stencil from Andrew (Stiggysaurus)!! Really looking forward to receiving it and doing this subtle and tasteful "mod" to help spruce up the engine bay! Really excited for my engine to look like this...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Update! Upon a referral of my friend Arthur (IWSTI member: PhotoWithArt) and seeing the work that this member does, I will be working with Brian (IWSTI Authorized Vendor: Nexson) to refinish my tail-lights to OEM quality! Without getting too much into detail, Brian offers professional painting services for our cars and produces masterpieces of the utmost quality! Here is his page where he has some of his work documented...the pictures speak for themselves.
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-interior-exterior-accessories-misc-classifieds/265874-custom-tinted-painted-taillights-nexson.html

Here is another thread created by Brian where more of his work can be found...
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-exterior/265593-how-properly-paint-tails-pics.html

Also, here's another link to Arthur's well-documented awesome experience with Brian's services...
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/3930718-post84.html
As well, Arthur made a short video of Brian's work as well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougmQP4DiU8&feature=player_embedded

Brian's work is nothing but the best, and I am super excited to be able to work with him!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Tekozl;;03964244 said:
Very nice!
Thanks Tekozl!!

How does it feel to have soon the best tailights in canada?
Lol I can't wait Arthur! Many people are wondering why I am re-doing my current tails as they "look good," but to be honest, when close up, they are foggy, it's clear they've been painted, and I am striving for my car to be perfect! The attention to details are so important for me, and with that, I have been in touch with Brian (Nexson) to help transform my current tail lights to an OEM quality masterpiece!

Pics will follow later tonight of the taillights' current state, and packaging shots :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)

So here is the first step to having the best taillights in Canada...getting them perfectly ready to be safely shipped.
With the help of my dad, we packaged the taillights...sorry Brian (Nexson)...all I can say is I really took what you said "make sure the lights don't move in the box", and I can 100% ensure you that the lights aren't going anywhere! lol!

The pictures are below...PLEASE PAY ATTENTION: When I first painted the taillights with a friend of mine and his girlfriend, the job we did was good for a DIY...although we weren't the most careful which we should have been (covering the back-side of the taillights so that they don't see any overspray) so in the pics, please note that the red overspray on the back was done by me and not Nexson.

Also note that in the pictures, the taillights are foggy, seem to have a matte finish, and most importantly, they look painted!. They are nowhere near the clear and reflective finish that Nexson does...so with that, I'm super excited to working with Brian!

Enjoy the detailed pics!

21 - 40 of 294 Posts