IW STi Forum banner

301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Back with an update for you all!

This update takes place in April 2018.

As you all know, Ryan and his team at Slick Carbon were working their magic on my OEM Interior Pieces. Well they are all finished, and I’m very excited to share with you the finished pictures.

The reason for getting this Carbon Fiber job done was to have an interior that had an Exotic/Luxury-feel to it. I always felt that the STi was lacking in the Interior department, and I surely wanted to do something about it, to have a more GT3RS/AMG Interior-feel to it. I believe that those cars command Attention-to-Detail and proportionate balance of Alcantara/Leather and Carbon Fiber.

With that being said, I truly feel that we are on the right track to achieving my dream interior!

Please enjoy the pictures:

A very special thank-you goes to Ryan and the Slick Carbon Team for all of the hard work they put in!

As with all Carbon Parts I purchase, I will be sending these parts to my body shop – Vaughan Fine Touch – to have everything perfected with the clear coat, etc.

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for next update!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal.

This is a smaller update that takes place in May 2018.

I purchased a Blacked Outline STi Badge to apply to my Seibon Dry Carbon Trunk.

I think it’ll be a nice, subtle touch on the exterior, as opposed to the Chrome OEM badge.

Thank-you all stopping by, and please enjoy this teaser picture:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Hey everyone and welcome back to a really exciting update that I have to share with you all!

This update takes place in May 2018.

Once I receive Carbon Fiber Parts, I take them to my body shop called Vaughan Fine Touch, for them to re-sand the parts down, polish them to remove any defects, and re-clearcoat them with proper automotive clear-coat.

I know it seems like overkill, but this method will always ensure that my parts are looking exceptional for as long as possible, as companies that manufacture Carbon Fiber parts or perform Overlays do not usually have the high quality clear-coat or body shop techniques to make such parts look perfect!

I took my brand new Voltex Type II H2S Carbon Fiber Wing, and all of my Carbon Fiber Overlayed Interior Parts from Slick Carbon to get refinished.

A special thank-you to Vaughan Fine Touch for bringing out the most depth and clarity with my parts. Please enjoy the pictures:

Thank-you all for stopping by and stay tuned for my next update!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Hey everyone and thanks for stopping by for another update!

This update takes place in May 2018.

Vaughan Fine Touch
finished working on my Carbon Fiber overlayed Interior Parts, and they look great!

Please enjoy the pictures:

Alright so the BIG NEWS…the car will be getting CAGED by the Top Cage Builder in Canada – Ronald O’Brien. Ronald is the owner of O’Brien Motorsports, and designs/builds cages for some of the top race cars in Canada. Having an O’Brien cage in the racing community is an honor of its own.

Here are some of his client’s racecars that you might be familiar with:

He is known for taking his time while working on it, and plus I wasn’t in a rush anyways. This is something I've been super excited to have done, and take the car to the NEXT level in this long and enjoyable journey.

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for next update!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Welcome back everyone to my journal.

This update takes place in February 2018 (a bit before some of the updates you’ve seen recently).

The car was sent to see Ronald O’Brien, owner of O’Brien Motorsports. Ronnie will be building an FIA Chromoly Tube 8pt. Cage.

I’m also having Ronnie carefully examine the chassis to remove any unnecessary weight. He will be pulling off the majority of the Cusco Chassis Bracing (floor center braces, fender braces), as the roll cage will add the ultimate chassis rigidity. He will also be removing the body filler to make a cleaner interior cabin.

I will continuously post pictures of the progress, for now though, please enjoy some of the pictures:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Welcome back everyone,

In continuation with the Roll Cage project being performed by the legend himself [email protected]'Brien Motorsports, I have below some more progress shots of the cage...enjoy:

Thank-you to Ronald O'Brien for his incredible work on Gabby. There's a reason why he's the best cage builder in Canada...don't ever settle, get the best...you deserve it!

Enjoy the teaser for next update:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
I got another great update for you all!

Along with the cage progress, I had [email protected]'Brien Motorsports do a couple extra jobs for me.

I had him install my ARC Power Steering Cooler, and modify my Custom Carbon Center Console! I also bought MSI Seat Brackets.

Enjoy the pictures:

301 - 309 of 309 Posts