IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased my 2011 STi in the spring of 2013.
Acquired from Jones Subaru in Bel Air MD w/ 31,000 on the clock

Previous Cars - In order form age 16 to current

1986 Toyota Supra (N/A) - Pretty awesome to have a Supra as my first car! Father is a Toyota Master Diagnostic Tech, so we dropped a rebuilt Jasper engine in it and had it in the shop a few times a month tweaking and fixing things. What an awesome experience!

1991 Toyota Celica - Fun little car to get from point a to b

1992 MR2 Turbo w/ 78k original miles - Owned this while I owned the Celica. It was a very fun car to toss through the twisties. Sold it for a down payment on a house... I guess that was a good decision in the long run, but I still miss that car!

2001 Scion tC - Much like the celica, fun little car to get me from point a to point b.

2004 Ford Focus - This is what happens when you get married, inherit your wife's car, and somehow she ends up with a brand new Rav 4... that I bought her on MY birthday... I think I got the short end of the stick!

2009 WRX - Purchased new and sold to my brother so I could get the STi. Great car, but always had the STi envy. I didn't mod it at all. All the photos of it below are since my brother has had it and has been modding. He's running a stage 1+ OTS.

Heres the '09 WRX

And the '11 STi

Been slowly adding small items over the last 6 months, so I thought I'd start a Member's Journal.

Just getting this journal off the ground so bear with me!

Future Plans are Stage 2 w/ Pro-Tune from IAG and various exterior mods to personalize

Parts on Order:
None at this time:( We welcomed our first child on 1/20/14, so the car spending has taken a back seat.

Parts waiting for install:
JS Auto Design 3 Port EBCS

--------------------------THE MOD LIST-------------------------

Driver Mod

Parents bought me an 8 hour advanced driving course at Summit Point Raceway for my 21st Birthday!

Fuel & Tuning:
Cobb AccessPort - Stage 2+ OTS Map for now.. Once the EBCS goes on, I'll be getting an e-tune from Doonie at RockSteady Tuning
93 Oct Pump Gas
Fuel Line Extension Mod

Exhaust / Intake:
SPT Cat Back Exhaust
AEM CAI
COBB Catted Downpipe

Drivetrain:
TWM Short Throw Shifter
TWM Front & Rear Shifter Bushings

Suspension:
Race Comp Engineering Yellow Springs
Perrin 20mm Spacers
Front Camber: -1*
Rear Fender Roll by IAG - This is a must with the spring/spacer combo. I found out the hard way:lol:

Brakes:
Pads - Hawk Ceramics
Calipers - Factory Brembo
Rotors - Factory

Wheels & Tires:
Wheels - Factory 18x8.5 BBS
Tires - Crappy All Seasons

Engine Dress Up
Perrin EBCS Cover - Black
Perrin Radiator Shroud - Black
Perrin Radiator Stays - Black
Grimmspeed Turbo Heatshield
IAG Dipstick - Black
IAG Coolant Reservoir Cap - Black
IAG Brake Master Culinder Cap - Black
IAG Slave Cylinder Cap - Black
IAG Power Steering Cap - Black

IAG Makes some awesome engine dress up stuff!

Interior:
RedLine Goods Shift Boot
LED Interior Lights - eBay
OEM All Weather Mats

Exterior:
Hella Supertones - Red
Grill Surround - Plastidipped Black
Rear Badges Plastidipped Black
Yellow Fog Overlays
Rally Armor Mudflaps - Black / Gray

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
RESERVED!

Thanks to the following for providing great products and/or services to help me transform the STi into what is is today and for providing guidance for future modifications!

IAG Performance
JS Auto Design & Detail
Rock Steady Tuning
Cygnus Performance
Import Image Racing

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks good man, get some pictures up of a side profile. Like to see the stance with those springs and spacers

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the car! How's the shifter so far?

Renato
Team TWM Performance

Love it!

When i bought my 2009 wrx, the TWM shifter and heavy weight knob were one of my first purchases. Between the shifter and the bushings, it felt amazing!

I purchased the Sti on a Tuesday and on Wednesday I had placed my order with TWM for the short shifter.

It's a modification I can enjoy every single time I drive the car! Will always be one of my first modifications, and I have been very happy with TWM products!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hella functional :tup:
Your's is an inspiration to me. If I ever win the lottery or come across a windfall, i will be dropping the car and a blank check with JJ @ IAG and telling him to replicate your setup. :D

Until then, one step at a time...:)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so glad we are lucky enough to be apart of this build! :tup:
I appreciate all the help! Not just great prices on parts, but good install advice, tips and tricks!:tup:

I wish that last order I placed was going into this car, unfortunately, that was all for my brother's 09 wrx.:crying:

·
Registered
286 Posts
As you know most people frown upon the use of wheel spacers, especially something as big as 20mm. I love the idea as I like the look of the stock wheels but am hesitant to do so from what I read. I have heard everything from you screw up the suspension geometry to your wheel bearings wear out quicker.

Did you notice any change in handling when you installed the spacers? What is your overall experience with them?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As you know most people frown upon the use of wheel spacers, especially something as big as 20mm. I love the idea as I like the look of the stock wheels but am hesitant to do so from what I read. I have heard everything from you screw up the suspension geometry to your wheel bearings wear out quicker.

Did you notice any change in handling when you installed the spacers? What is your overall experience with them?
I wouldn't say "most people". Yes there are some who are against spacers, just as there are some against a CAI or CBE...

The spacers are hub centric and include stud extensions. 20mm is less than an inch bump. There are guys running way more radical setups with wide wheels and low offset.

I have not noticed any degradation in handling. Actually improvement since i did the spring at the same time. I couldn't be happier with the spacers.

I would not recommend tracking your car with them on, but for DD, I do not subscribe to the thoughts that they are creating any significant dangers to the car's suspension or overall handling.

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
I was looking at your thread and saw the BSR cert. I used to be a FATT instructor for them and HIGHLY recommend them and their facility. If you want to go back to the track, let me know and I'll hook you up with a few good instructors that will show you the ropes!!!

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well... IAG had a used COBB DP in stock for a price I just couldn't pass up. I was there for some stuff for my brothers birthday and ended up with a gift for myself too!:D

Running the OTS 93 map for now. Keeping a close eye on the logs.

EBCS and an E-tune from JS Auto Designs and Rock Steady Tuning soon to come!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts