Did some calling around today.

Subaruparts.com:
Front rotor - $369 each
Rear rotor - $319 each

Front or Rear set of pads - $320

brembo.com:
SET of Front rotors (2) either cross-drilled or slotted - $449
SET of Rear rotors (2) either cross-drilled or slotted - $429

Brembo doesn't sell the OEM pads for propietary reasons of the caliper being custom made for the STi etc... but at least we can get a price break on the rotors.

Anyway I did a search and didn't find any of this type of information... sorry if it's a repost.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
davidm_sh said:
brembo.com:
cool. slotted are available.

davidm_sh said:
...the caliper being custom made for the STi etc...
nah. (?) the same brake system is on several cars right now; 350z, g35, grand prix...

davidm_sh said:
Anyway I did a search and didn't find any of this type of information... sorry if it's a repost.
good info. it's the first i've seen it. thanks for posting.

·
Registered
467 Posts
davidm_sh said:

Subaruparts.com:

That can't be right. Tell me you meant to say, "front AND rear". Even that is expensive as hell. But that's insane to say that each individual wheel needs a $160 pad, or $640 in brake pads for the whole car!

As long as they last 100K miles, then I guess that's okay.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
StiBoy said:
That can't be right.
naw, i think it's right. i'd heard the dealer was charging $400 for a pair, so $320 sounds right. unbelievable eh? i've got 9500miles on 'em now and thought they are still dusting like crazy, i still have quite a bit left.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
The brake systems on those other cars are similar, but the sizing is different. There was a big discussion on this and a Brembo engineer actually weighed in with all the specs and they are slightly different.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
davidm_sh said:

Subaruparts.com:
Front rotor - $369 each
Rear rotor - $319 each

brembo.com:

Brembo doesn't sell the OEM pads for propietary reasons of the caliper being custom made for the STi etc... but at least we can get a price break on the rotors.

Good lord, thank God the brakes are covered : )

-st

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Singletrack said:

-st
Just curious as to what you mean by "the brakes are covered"? Are you implying that the brakes will be covered under warranty? If so that is news to me as I didn't think wear items (like brake pads, rotors, clutch, etc) were covered under warranty.

Please inform me if they are though :)?!?!?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Lots of wear items, including the breaks, and even the wiper blades, are covered during the 36/36000 warranty...

Not sure how much of that applies to the extended.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Since I've joined the "Suby Cult" two years ago I've started selling blood plasma for parts. Serious! Now my RSB and Subzeros won't fit, and I'm eventually looking at really expensive brake parts.

Jim

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tire Rack has EBC brake pads for a Ferrari for $98 a set. I assume that they should be pretty close to the price for our pads. They have worked pretty well in the past for everyone that I have known. They also have rotors just not listed for the STi yet. I will go aftermarket on those parts if they are that expensive from Subaru.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Full Size Fog Lamps Pics

bitabur said:
Lots of wear items, including the breaks, and even the wiper blades, are covered during the 36/36000 warranty...

Color me skeptical, but there's no way brake pads and wiper blades are covered under warranty. If I'm mistaken, great, but I really don't believe it.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
STi Regrets? Post them here...

IF the brakes need to be replaced during that time, it'll probably only be once.... and as far as wiper blades go.... how much is that REALLY gonna cost them? Probably less than 10 bucks wholesale for both blades....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
SubEd said:
bitabur said:

Color me skeptical, but there's no way brake pads and wiper blades are covered under warranty. If I'm mistaken, great, but I really don't believe it.
The wiper blades are crap anyway if you ask me. I replaced them with silblades. But yes, the brakes are covered for 3/36k.

-st

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
davidm_sh said:
Singletrack said:

-st
Just curious as to what you mean by "the brakes are covered"? Are you implying that the brakes will be covered under warranty? If so that is news to me as I didn't think wear items (like brake pads, rotors, clutch, etc) were covered under warranty.

Please inform me if they are though :)?!?!?[/quot]

Luckily all the brake components are covered for 3//36k miles : ) I was surprised also, since I'm sure a lot of people will be tracking the car.

-st

1 - 20 of 43 Posts