IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wondering what other mods i could do to my forester to get the more power other then putting a bigger turbo on at this time. I also want to get a couple more things before i get a protune.

under the hood:
VF39
WBR FMIC
APS cai
Helix turbo back
Helix uppipe
HKS BOV:busted:
Cobb AP

what else could i add the wont be a waste of money but actually feel the performance ... i have thought of meth/alchy kit but still unsure of how it works so havent thought of getting it ... so any suggestions are welcome :D

oh and this is my first post on here just because i used it to lurk ... but im not a noob i am active on other forums :eek:rly:

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you think the inlet will actually make a differance? and the APS EL headers still thinking about the sound ... but function over sound? and the TGV never really understood the delete how it effects the performance ....

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Sure the Inlet will make a difference. The APS Inlet is 3" (76 MM) throughout, while the stock inlet is restrictive. When you combine that with the APS 70 MM intake, you have a free flowing intake system. I currently have the APS 65MM intake, which I'm sure you do as well, but I plan on upgrading in the future. The inlet is a proven power getter.

The headers do make good power, but the noise is personal preference. Whether you do not mind the equal length header, or if you miss the boxer rumble.

TGV's I'll need someone else to explain, as I am not very experienced with them. I just know that the are used to help with emissions idling, and cold start. They are also very restrictive, and the JDM STi's do not have them. They also do not allow a 3" inlet turbo to fit past them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.