IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so here's a little list that I've put together with some helpful suggestions from the rest of the IWSTI crew here.. I'm gonna post what I should hopefully have done here within the next few months and I also have a couple ideas about some other things and wanted your guys' input on that as well..

Here's the list of mods to be done asap:

1. Cobb Short Throw
2. Coolingmist Meth injection
3. Injen FMIC for stock vf39 (trying to fight heatsoak)
4. DP & Turbo Wrap from StaticX
5. Ecutek reflash from GRD
6. .. i think that's it for now.

Questions about other things to maybe be done:

1. Port and Polish stock turbo?
2. ** What can I do to beef up my stock IWG? go EWG?
3. Anything else that would help my stock turbo function better for the time
being until I can get my upgraded turbo set up..

Upgraded turbo set up list to include and please feel free to share opinions on:

1. GReddy 25g/ T67 kit (friend back in CO has it I really like this kit)!
2. GT30R (I like it but a little pricey)
3. Deadbolt/ Topspeed SZ55 fat boy

I'd like to run a nice turbo set up with EWG on stock motor for a while until I can afford to drive it down to Axis Power Racing in STL to beef up the motor and valvetrain.

Keep in mind my car is a daily driver and I would like some where around 380 to 400 awhp/ awtq and I know all those turbos can do that and exceed that.. After building my block I'd like to have around 450 awhp to 500 tops.

Thanks!

Jake.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
dubrexer said:
Questions about other things to maybe be done:

1. Port and Polish stock turbo?
2. ** What can I do to beef up my stock IWG? go EWG?
3. Anything else that would help my stock turbo function better for the time
being until I can get my upgraded turbo set up..

Upgraded turbo set up list to include and please feel free to share opinions on:

1. GReddy 25g/ T67 kit (friend back in CO has it I really like this kit)!
2. GT30R (I like it but a little pricey)
3. Deadbolt/ Topspeed SZ55 fat boy

Keep in mind my car is a daily driver and I would like some where around 380 to 400 awhp/ awtq and I know all those turbos can do that and exceed that.. After building my block I'd like to have around 450 awhp to 500 tops.

Thanks!

Jake.
The Questions:

1. No one really modify's the VF39 (just not worth the time), but I bet it wont hurt.

2. You can always port the stock IWG to avoid boost creep.

3. I wouldn't put too much time and money in the VF39 setup. Im doing my TBE and AP then im doing my turbo setup right after.

The Turbos:

1. 25G/T67: I haven't seen too many people with this turbo, so it would be interesting if you did it and did a write up with the graph :naughty:

2. GT30R: The kit will cost you ~$2500. At the end, it will be cheaper than the SZ55. Awesome bang for the buck kit.

3. SZ55: Turbo alone costs $2k. TGV Deletes are going to cost you $300, then a turbo inlet that isnt going to collapse (APS) is going to cost you another $300. I haven't even gotten to the intake, all the lines, and what not and your already over the cost of the kit of the GT30R. The GT30R is nicer because it comes with a massive 4" intake. But this is your decission and not mine. lol

Any of these turbos will get you over 400whp. But if you want to go for big power with a built block (at the end), just get the GT35R, run it on low boost with a good tune on the stock block and build around it. But definetly go rotated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
booSTi561 said:
The Questions:

1. No one really modify's the VF39 (just not worth the time), but I bet it wont hurt.

2. You can always port the stock IWG to avoid boost creep.

3. I wouldn't put too much time and money in the VF39 setup. Im doing my TBE and AP then im doing my turbo setup right after.

The Turbos:

1. 25G/T67: I haven't seen too many people with this turbo, so it would be interesting if you did it and did a write up with the graph

2. GT30R: The kit will cost you ~$2500. At the end, it will be cheaper than the SZ55. Awesome bang for the buck kit.

3. SZ55: Turbo alone costs $2k. TGV Deletes are going to cost you $300, then a turbo inlet that isnt going to collapse (APS) is going to cost you another $300. I haven't even gotten to the intake, all the lines, and what not and your already over the cost of the kit of the GT30R. The GT30R is nicer because it comes with a massive 4" intake. But this is your decission and not mine. lol

Any of these turbos will get you over 400whp. But if you want to go for big power with a built block (at the end), just get the GT35R, run it on low boost with a good tune on the stock block and build around it. But definetly go rotated.

yea i'm not sure either if anyone can modify the vf39 but i do know dbs used to modify wrx turbos..

i suppose a 35r would be more cost efficient then the gt30r but that little bit quicker spool would be fun since i daily drive more then any thing else. but i hear ya on that one.. i could still make substantial power on a moderate but very good tune on stock block, etc.

i love the sz55 it's so sick.. but rotated is better.. and yes for that kinda power tumbler deletes are practically necessary. who does tgv deletes without paying out the ass for aps'? i know aps ones are nice and i run a lot of aps (i have with my previous wrx) but can't you get spec c stuff? is it cheaper and quality to have a shop or someone proificient enough to do it for you (remove the tumblers)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts