IW STi Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey All,

So, it's been quite a while since I've posted in this journal.

The Story:

I parted my STi out because I was of the genuine belief that I was going to be getting married and it simply didn't work out.

No, I don't have any regrets, as I learned a hell of a lesson that no amount of money or mods could ever hope to teach a man.

That said, the STi is alive and well - just hit 10k miles and got all new Toyo R888 rubber and an alignment.

Will I be rebuilding? I haven't made up my mind yet, but parts have already "found" their way on to the car.

Thank you, all, again for all of the support as it's all very much appreciated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
dude your car is/was badass! i read through your journal and agree with you that most guys are going to knock off's. I dont understand why they do that. i could easily have done that with my last car(08 350z) and my sti. everything that went on the z was amuse or hks...with the sti its mostly been zerosports/tomei/cusco. call me a jdm whore but i am willing to pay that little extra for something that most dont want to. plus i feel is better designed for the car..anyways just wanted to say good luck with whatever you turn the sti back into.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hey guys!

It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but I've still got my '07 and she's presently at the dealer with what I thought was a bad thermostat and ended up being early stages of a failing head gasket @40k miles - ouch. :(

I was pretty bent out of shape about the situation largely because I'm a little OCD with taking care of my car and how I drive it in general, but things are looking up. :tup:

When life gives you lemons, you've got to make lemonade and I've taken full advantage of the situation.

I didn't go the built block route, even though I really wanted to, but that was decided on once I was advised that I still had a very healthy and strong motor. The dealer was laughing that my factory cross hatches were in perfect condition and there was no damage to any cylinder wall of any kind, phew!

With the somewhat good news, I've took the liberty of working to replace and or upgrade the majority of the items that were dropped to get the heads off and off to the machine shop, so here's the end result of my shopping adventure. :lol:

ARP Head studs
Beatrush Forged Pitch Stopper
Beatrush Transmission Mount
Beatrush Engine Mounts (with OEM Plates)
CSF Racing Radiator
Cobb Accessport V3
Exedy Hyper Single Clutch
Grimmspeed AOS - Black
Grimmspeed Crank Pulley - Black
IAG CnC TGV Deletes
ID1050xCC Injectors w/PnP Clips
Killer B Motorsport Oil Pickup
Killer B Motorsport Windage Tray
Motul 300V
Moul Transmission Fluid
NGK Iridium Plugs - 1 Step Colder
OEM JDM 12mm Oil Pump with seals and bolts
OEM Water Pump with seal
OEM Timing Belt
Tomei Turbo Inlet
Tomei .7mm Head Gaskets
Tomei Down Pipe, going on my factory exhaust for now.
Toyo R888Rs 245/40/18
Zerosports Magnetic Oil Filter

Once my STi is put back together I'll be going back to Church for a brand new tune, then it'll be getting myself prepped for a new Tomei Turbo and exhaust. After that, it's back to addressing the suspension, aero and interior again.

I think John Wick would agree, I'm back. :lol:

·
Registered
947 Posts
oh man! i bought the brake and clutch caps from you and i think the pitch stop. i ended up parting out my car and sold them to a member on nasioc that im still in touch with.

i purchased a forester a few weeks ago and already have a full sti swap ready for it that im building now. glad to see you still have your car.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
oh man! i bought the brake and clutch caps from you and i think the pitch stop. i ended up parting out my car and sold them to a member on nasioc that im still in touch with.

i purchased a forester a few weeks ago and already have a full sti swap ready for it that im building now. glad to see you still have your car.
Hey man, haha, I remember!

Good for you man, grats on the new car and build - sounds solid already.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Random update: I recently sold my '07 STI - something I never thought I'd do, but I just felt like the time was right.

I ended up banking a little money and bought a '15 Honda Civic Si coupe as a new daily and left the Type RA as a garage queen.

I definitely miss the GD and going from about 420hp (crank) to 205hp has been quite an adjustment. :lol:

I've got a few odds and ends that never made their way onto the STi for sale, but it's been about a month and it's getting a little easier every day.

I'll still be posting here, but I wanted to say thanks again to everyone who supported both my GD and I throughout its various stages - thank you very much!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts