IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
Pardon the double posts!

I've been looking into '13 MY Subaru STi sedans, they're pretty tempting!

There's a chance I might just drop out of the JDM scene though, it's just not what it used to be.

Either way, I believe I should've spent a little more time on this board, as opposed to Nasioc.
this car is way too good to sell, it is something you would pass on to your kids :tup:
Get a Dodge Charger if you are going to drop out of the JDM scene :lol:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I followed your first build thread on here and I loved every aspect of it. Bummer to hear you're selling it though :( I look forward to see what you do with the '13. Maybe a Varis widebody? :D

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
That is an exceptionally beautiful car. It exudes not only the pride that you have in it, but that of the many talented, creative and obsessive people who developed everything that went into it. Your goal of a car that truly is a statement of purpose and pride is supremely fulfilled. So well executed. I can not help but echo everyone else who has chimed in, you should not sell that car. At the least you should not part it out. There are people out there with similar mindsets and appreciations of quality and purpose, I am sure you can find someone to give you a good price on her. Granted, no-one will ever appreciate the car the way you, its builder does. But to disassemble engineered art is such a pity. Let her live!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
this car is way too good to sell, it is something you would pass on to your kids :tup:
Get a Dodge Charger if you are going to drop out of the JDM scene :lol:
Thank you, I really appreciate all the kind words you've had to say about the STi.

It's definitely hard to take the car apart and there's a large part of me that just wants to stop the part out, which I've done before. That said, there's simply too much gone, already, for me to stop now.

I can't replace a good chunk of the parts I've sold, sort of buying them back, but I think it'll be alright.

I'm pretty confident I won't be leaving the JDM scene, I simply love it too much.

I followed your first build thread on here and I loved every aspect of it. Bummer to hear you're selling it though :( I look forward to see what you do with the '13. Maybe a Varis widebody? :D
Thank you, I really appreciate that! If I go with a '13 STi, I'm sure I'll find a way to make it clean, we'll just have to see.

That is an exceptionally beautiful car. It exudes not only the pride that you have in it, but that of the many talented, creative and obsessive people who developed everything that went into it. Your goal of a car that truly is a statement of purpose and pride is supremely fulfilled. So well executed. I can not help but echo everyone else who has chimed in, you should not sell that car. At the least you should not part it out. There are people out there with similar mindsets and appreciations of quality and purpose, I am sure you can find someone to give you a good price on her. Granted, no-one will ever appreciate the car the way you, its builder does. But to disassemble engineered art is such a pity. Let her live!
Thank you. There's nothing else I could say that would more thoroughly encapsulate my appreciation for the support.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Are you running the OBD2 connection for the Pista? Any other sensors or GPS data for it?

How do you like the system?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Are you running the OBD2 connection for the Pista? Any other sensors or GPS data for it?

How do you like the system?

Yes, I'm running the OBD2 connection and I don't have any other sensors hooked up.

In short, I love the system - it's superb.

The only complaint that I have is that there's 0 support for a gas gauge, you need the factory cluster for that.

Gas gauge aside, I just love it.

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
man why undo this masterpiece, it's like whiting out the Mona Lisa :( I would have just kept it forever as above :tup:
There's a large part of me that wants to just keep it, but then there's the other side that's itching to start something new.

I like the idea of a '13 MY STi, but it just doesn't really light the fire in me like my '07 did. :(

Maybe I could just rebuild my '07, in a different way. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Bump and you don't tell us anything new> where is my banhammer? LoL

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Bump and you don't tell us anything new> where is my banhammer? LoL

Not the banhammer! :lol:

The support this forum has provided makes the part out process a little easier; I would be lying my ass off if I didn't state that I've never been so saddened to take a project car apart, support bump ftw!

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
I still want to hit you with a stick for parting this out. I am honestly contemplating doing the same. ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
do you happen to know what your alignment specs are/were on the advans in the pics?
I'm sorry, but I can't recall.

I still want to hit you with a stick for parting this out. I am honestly contemplating doing the same. ;)
:lol:

Whhaaa? Parting out is like trying to slowly pull off of a bandaid, it sucks, and the quicker you do it the better you feel afterwards.

Over the weekend I was removing a couple more parts off of the car and I left feeling like shit.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts