IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Helllooo i have an 11 wrx I haven't found much but my motor is being built (botom end) and I'm looking into the dom 1.5xtr...my goals are around 400whp on pump and mid/highish 400whp on e-85....very curious if this is obtainable/if anyone has numbers proving they've made this kind of power on the 1.5xtr let me know!!

parts that i have ready to install :

killer b EL holy header
fic 1650cc
walboro450
aeromotive fuel rails
aeromotive fpr
perrin fmic

already have full bolt ons this stuff is just the upgraded parts needed to support the power i want. thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Ide say so from what Ive seen. 365-390 on pump depending on the octane level and dyno and elevation and boost level of course. E85 would add a out 25-35 whp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ide say so from what Ive seen. 365-390 on pump depending on the octane level and dyno and elevation and boost level of course. E85 would add a out 25-35 whp.

i have a friend making 360/360 @18psi on 93 octane and 432/430 @22psi on e85 at the moment. were in new york, on a mustang dyno.... i mean what id on e85 we turned it up to 25-26psi....u dint think another 20-30whp/wtq would b obtainable?

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
If the bottom end can handle 25psi then yes you would see 450+ whp on e85

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I am running the 8cm Dom 1.5 on e85 and I hit somewhere in the 425-430 range on a dynojet right now. I need to go out and have it re checked to see as I have done a bit to it.

Basically with those fuel mods and the FMIC and 10cm hot side on e85 you are looking at 450-480 on a dynojet as a potnential range. That could go slightly up or down depending on all the dyno conditions.

A WHP target is not a good course for a build as it varies so much depending on a lot of different factors. What we can tell you is that response will be AMAZING and it will have fun and great top end power.

With the fuel items you have mentioned - you will max out the potential of the Dom 1.5.

Also I would say that with the Dom 1.5 I would think that there is not any reason to have headwork done. The boost you are going to use with a Dom 1.5 will be @ max 25-27 PSI which wouldn't really require the head work. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt but I don't think its an absolute must to make the the build.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
That's close what I've been told to expect with a fully supported 1.5XT-R and really the lower end of it - say 360-380. We'll see.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Quite honestly, numbers for these have been a bit all over the place lately and it really depends on the supporting mods you have plus all the normal obstacles (tuner, weather, dyno, etc...)

Typically, we have seen mid to high 300s (360-390) whp and similar torque on pump gas and anywhere from 430ish to 480 whp but with 440-500 wtq on E85. Now all those numbers are out of the 10cm turbine housing and while that won't make a huge difference on pump gas, it certainly will on E85.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Ya but that also depends on how it's calibrated. Please keep in mind that dynos are only a tool and should always be backed up with a trap speed to confirm power.
Agreed, I can only post it on so many threads....trap speeds with vehicle weight is the best tool to confirm real power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a tip:

If you're worried about the turbo you're looking at not being enough, go bigger.

well stock heads, unsleeved block, i dont want to push my luck. 500 or high 4s is where ill stop and be happy with. after all, this car will never see a track or drag strip. strictly street fun:cool:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
well stock heads, unsleeved block, i dont want to push my luck. 500 or high 4s is where ill stop and be happy with. after all, this car will never see a track or drag strip. strictly street fun:cool:
High 4s with a 1.5 is a very happy dyno. It's all relative to the dyno. Granted I'm at altitude, but the dyno my car was tuned on has 1.5s making around 400 on E85. You're not going to need sleeves until you move to a substantially larger turbo than a 1.5. I can't tell you what's best for you, but just keep in mind that you can tune a larger turbo for less boost, but you can't force a smaller turbo to flow more.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts