IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of posts lately with people saying get bigger injectors and fuel rails. Guess what! The STi uses SIDE FEED injectors, meaning...there's NO fuel rails. Side feeds are better for performance, why would you want to switch back to rails? PE 850s are plug and play... and they're side feed.

Maybe I'm the one that's misinformed :)

·
Banned
54 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
I've been reading a lot of posts lately with people saying get bigger injectors and fuel rails. Guess what! The STi uses SIDE FEED injectors, meaning...there's NO fuel rails. Side feeds are better for performance, why would you want to switch back to rails? PE 850s are plug and play... and they're side feed.

Maybe I'm the one that's misinformed :)
Yea I noticed that too. I don't know what thats all about. Maybe some of you hardend gearheads could get us up to speed. Maybe an availibility issue, I know Guru had to wait quite awhile to get his side feeds.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
he does now offer 650?cc and 850cc side feed Power Enterprise injectors. I dont think there is a fuel rail (like wrx) though as the injectors are side feed.

Robert~

·
Registered
357 Posts
Umm, the STi does have rails. They are just different is all. True they are side feed. I am running PE 850cc injectors on my setup. The stock units are 480cc. PE makes 650cc but horribly expensive. I am working with Yoko in Japan about a lower cost solution.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
o ok thanks Dan for clearing that up, I was really wondering about that.

Robert~

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just as an added note I never change the rails at all on any setups even at over 600 HP. Usually changing them makes it much worse in terms of fuel mixture evenness on the dyno. Changing them is a waste of time and money IMO.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
thank you for that as well :) I was really thinking about it after reading perrin's note about the WRX's being infamous for leaning out cyl 3... i doubted it was the same with us, but still ... thanks man!

Robert~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts