IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to Mid America Motorplex with Find The Line link for a HPDE. So many laps I actually got tired out by about 3PM. A little incar video with my new AndrewSS camera mount link which worked great. Unfortunately, I forgot to recline the passenger seat which would have given much better video. Next time...

click here for video

Feel free to critique my driving. I am looking to get better and reviewing the video actually helps a lot.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
^ indeed, from what I gathered from his video, that track looks fun and seems pretty fast. Good times :D

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spazegun2213 said:
ff the vid is so small, would you mind blowing it up a little?

Still i like seeing people out on track!!!!
Done, click on link again.:D

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
looks like you can brake later going into 1. It looks like you brake at 5, when I'm sure you can do 4 or even 3, but i have no idea what speed you are going. Also it looks like 5 is an increasing rarius turn, which means, you can give a single steering angle and use the gas to pull you to the outside (ie understeer if your car is setup to do so). Or you can make your arc a little bigger......ERR you just did it perfectly after the little cut to another lap.. nevermind....

other than that.. you look fine, but there is only so much i can say with never driving the track :) So take whatever i said with a grain of salt ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great video. MAM is a verrryyyyy technically deceiving track. I drove it this past year in the Car and Driver One Lap of America. It is hard to tell from the video but you can throw a lot of the "traditional" racing lines out the window at that track.

What were your lap times?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
1LapSTI said:
Great video. MAM is a verrryyyyy technically deceiving track. I drove it this past year in the Car and Driver One Lap of America. It is hard to tell from the video but you can throw a lot of the "traditional" racing lines out the window at that track.

What were your lap times?
I did not get a transponder, but just timing a few laps with a stopwatch when watching the video, I came up with approximately 1 minute and 54 seconds. Later in the day, I found a better "line" after following some more experienced drivers and think I was quite a bit faster, but I was not recording the whole day.

What sort of times did you get there?

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
nice feedback, I dont care to give much as I havnt driven the track.

btw, everytime I look at the title i think of FTL = for the lose, lol ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts