1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Subaru WRX STI – Aspen White with Silver BBS Wheel 19K miles $26,500
Not One Once of Paintwork – Never any Accidents
Photos @ Flickr: 2005 STI's Photostream

This car was bought new at Carter Subaru in North Seattle by the original owner. I bought it from him with 1,200 miles on it and have owned it ever since. I had lusted after an STI ever since they came out in 2004, however I decided to wait to get the upgrades that the 2005 model year provided (upgraded interior, stereo, better seats, wider rear track, wider rims, better AWD system etc). So when I had the opportunity to purchase this vehicle there was never a second thought. The first owner was a 65 year old that broke it in properly and never exceeded 5K miles. He sold the car because it was just to stiff for him and hurt his leg to use the clutch.

Maintenance: (I have every receipt from day one)
The car has been over serviced and cared for. It gets washed once per week, detailed every six months and did not see rain until 10,000 miles. The oil has been changed every 2,500-3,000 miles with Castrol 5w30 dino oil, at 17K miles I switched to AmsOil 5w40 Full Synthetic which it still runs. Brake fluid was changed yearly. The differential and transmission/transfer case fluid was changed at 10K miles even though Subaru does not call for this service till 30K. I installed new Bridgestone RE070 tires at 16k miles as these come on the car from the Subaru factory and only last 13k-14k due to there soft compound.

Modifications: (I have all receipts and stock parts)
Since this car was designed by Subaru to be an everyday supercar the suspension was too lose for me. I have installed Cobb lowering springs, as well as Cobb front and rear sway bars. I have also installed a more aggressive brake pad compound to better ad the Brembo’s braking performance and give less dust. At about 13K miles I wanted a little more power and after doing much research decided to do a Cobb Stage 2 Package. Which consisted of an Accessport Re-Flash and Turbo Back Exhaust which gives the car 350HP and 385 LB FT of torque. 500 miles ago I installed a V-Limited front spoiler lip r to give the car better stability at high speeds. I also installed Venture Shield clear bra protection from rock chips on the front hood, bumper, and mirrors. At 18,800 miles I installed a K&N drop in air filter.

CobbTuning.com - Stage 2 Suspension
CobbTuning.com - Staged Power Packages
VentureShield

All in all this is a rocket of a car (0-60 4.3)(.97g Skidpad)(72.3mph through the slalom) that can be driven every day, you can go to the racetrack, go skiing all with five seats and a full trunk. I regularly got 24-25 MPG. This vehicle has been 100% reliable and has never even given me a check engine light. Never even had to get any warranty work done, it was built so well.

It pains me to sell this car as I never thought that I would, I love it that much. However I just purchased a new car and cannot convince the wife to allow me to keep both. Car was used as a fun driver and was never subjected to daily commute. I have a company car for that.

I have sources to help with financing and the ability to get an extended warranty. Please call if you have any other questions I would love to answer them. The car is also paid off with the title in-hand so you will not have to deal with a bank on my end.
Ryan Vanderwel 425.531.2691

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does no one have any interest?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The price is $26,500OBO. My new car is here, so I either sell this car or trade it in.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, believe me I do not want to sell it I just cannot convince myself taht I need two fun weekend cars!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New owner is flying in tommorow to pick her up. It is going to be a sad day!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SOLD...New owner is on his way to CA!! Bye Subaru Community it has been fun!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.