Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im selling my 2005 STi

5500 miles, 2nd owner, 1st owner was a good racer friend who races spec cars, bought from him at 1500 miles. Oil changed at 1500, 3000, and at 5300, next oil change is ready for synthetic

Suspension:
Tein Flex Coil Overs
EDFC

Exterior:
Clear Headlights
White Headlight Housings
Hella Supertones
Pillarless grill
White grill mesh
Debadged except for impreza
Chrome/amber turn signals
Reaimed headlights so that 1 setting is level with road
Parking lights are hyperwhite (bluish)

Interior:
2 Blue LED's in the center console (no they do not distract from nighttime driving)
1 Blue LED in door
1 Over passenger side feet
Carpet cleaned everyweekend
EDFC in center console

"Engine"
Stock motor, turbo, downpipe, never installed any engine modifications such as downpipe, tune etc
HKS Carbon-Ti Catback
Full Warranty from subaru
Properly broken in

The overall condition of the car is EXCELLENT with very low miles.. car was originally purchased in may of 2005... thats about 300-400 miles a month, this car was not a daily driver either. The reason for sale is that im going to college and im going to put the money in a savings account to earn interest off it for college.

I'm asking 32,500

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks man, its an AWESOME car but i kind of have to put my priorities in front right and now and to mod this car to the extent that i want to... i just cant afford it

·
Registered
798 Posts
32k? good luck, but you can buy new for that. hopefully you will find someone looking for an 05 specifically.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
traction said:
getting closer, thats what I paid fo rmine brand new.
thanks for your input... im not in hte business of buying at cost and reselling like a dealer for profit where i can take some off the price... i have a college tuition to pay for and im trying to recover the cost of the car so that i can get an sti later........... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
798 Posts
unfortunately for you, the market changes, and not in your favor. True, your car is very nice, but when one can go out and buy brand new for the price you are attempting to sell for...........its a simple equation.

I sold my first sti for 25k, and I still got *****ed at.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe its something to gauge interest, start high and work down, its not like its not negotiable. I know for me the 05 front end was very important b/c i did not like hte 06, i know i would have prefered a slightly used one which is what i got, over a brand new one for 36 which is what hte dealer had them for sticker... i mean the tein flex's and hte edfc were 2g and the carbon ti was like 600 somemaybe if i took the flexes off id lower it under 30

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
you're better off taking off and parting out....sorry to say but that price is far too high for an 05. You'll have more interest if you were to return to stock...sell it for a reasonable price, and then sell the aftermarket items seperately. But here's a bump for good luck....good choice in reasons to sell though...education should always come first...

·
Registered
15 Posts
A good looking car.....

If you going to college, as I did yrs ago, a lot fo your homework requires research. I suggest you to do more research before posting your ad.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
dannyc1225 said:
im trying to recover the cost of the car

You can't recover the depreciation of cars, it doesn't work like that. Very very few cars out there "behave" like that, Ferrari's and Supras are 2 of them. When cars depreciate, they depreciate, there is no turning back or un-doing it.

You have to look at market conditions, Kelly Blue Book and then come out with the figure.

I just ran your car under Kelly Blue Book, with that milage and if your car is in perfect condition, it is worth $29,165.

If you want attract potential buyers, you might want to price it just a tad below that, but defenitly over 28,500.

My .002 cents.

·
Registered
668 Posts
For my 10 cents....

Although 32,500 is high due to the fact that you can now buy 06s for around that this car is still worth a good amount and close to that.

Someone stated above about finding a buyer that wants 05 specifically. Well to be honest that isnt too hard, becuase i know myself didnt like the 06 exteror what so ever and wanted a 04/05 exterior. But liked the 06 interior and performance but didnt like the 04 sturt clunk and interior. So guess what all that left me to buy was a 05.

Although yes there are many 05 STIs online right now going for a cheap 25k i guarentee you none of them had less miles then this, or actually even close to double the miles this car has. I actually wouldnt hesitate to guess that they have close to 15 to 20k on the odo. Also i guarentee you their exterior is a lot more weathered then this cars exterior. Also this car has some expensive modifications on it was well, but none that really show molestation, which many other cheaper 05 STIs have.

All in all what im trying to say is i bought a stock 05 STI fully loaded with only 7k on the odo for 28k. So considering this car has 2k less then mine, and has some tasteful mods that mine didnt have i would say a good 29 to 30k would not be a bad price. So this guy starting his price at 32,500 will leave a buyer room to haggle therefore most likley settling on a price of 30k or so. In my opinion its not a bad price once you haggle a little.

GOOD LUCK MAN!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sti

I'll go 30.5k cash if I can sell this f****n house I'm in. Nice clean Scooby BUMP

Anyone lookin for some new digs in Norcal????

5 acres, two-houses, indoor pool and spa. Asking $769,000 Shingle Springs California.

4721 La Casa Dr Shingle Springs Ca 95682

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.