Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sold.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Bout what I paid for a new 2020 last fall . . . and if your believe people here, I didn't get the best deal . . . I wouldn't comment but you're in NJ

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bout what I paid for a new 2020 last fall . . . and if your believe people here, I didn't get the best deal . . . I wouldn't comment but you're in NJ
Thanks for the comment but we're not talking an apple to apple comparison. If you're going to comment, splurge some details -please.

1) did you buy a limited, and is it the "low spoiler (I realize it's not a big deal to swap the trunk, but I am a purist at heart and cracking any bolts that break the paint seal just doesn't sit right with me).

2) personally, I dislike the newer STi wheels with the machined face. Looks like every other subaru/Honda/ Toyota out there.

3) if you took the time to fully read the add, you would know there's ~$2K IN FACTORY Subaru parts, plus the additional $3k in aftermarket modifications.

Now I built a 21' on Subaru's website, and granted you could "try" to order one or find one, but good luck with that, waiting 6+ months right now. (I work with several Subaru dealers fyi), family owns one, and the market is insane right now.

So, I digress, a gently used, "identical" to new, ultra clean and low mileage, unmolested 23k mile factory Limited sti with factory options, tasteful modifications (the right ones may I add, and conservatively tuned), should be worth 38k. As I said, I had an offer from Vroom for $35,555, and with sales tax savings that 37,9xx of value. So if someone is looking for this car, and can afford $38k, I'm willing to let her go. Otherwise, as I clearly stated, I'll keep it.
Screenshot_20210605-182610_Chrome.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
I agree with you about the wheels, even more so with a red car. They became my winters, and set like yours purchased from an active member here became my summers :)

Seriously wish you the best.

Reactions: ChruiSSer

·
Registered
564 Posts
That's a nice car, I'd say go with VROOM. Quite a few forums I am on, I have read they have been taming down their offers. Jump on it while you can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a nice car, I'd say go with VROOM. Quite a few forums I am on, I have read they have been taming down their offers. Jump on it while you can.
Thanks bud.

It's interesting, I've been in the Automotive retail space for almost 20 years. I've had experiences with carmax, carvana, and vroom.

What I've noticed is that they give you 3 day "windows" and 250 mileage allowance before that price expires. If you keep sending valuation proposals in, they start backing down the offers.

I'm working with my wife's Grand Cherokee lease on the same idea of trading it, cashing out the equity, and getting into a new grand cherokee for her, the L with the 3rd row.

So, what I've verified, is that if you use different contact information on the forms, a different email, but input the exact same criteria, mileage, condition, etc, you'll get a higher price.

Not to mention also, that if you call them you can haggle with them. But most people don't know that as they're using vroom and sites of the kin, because of They're easy and hassle-free.

Definitely interesting and I've enjoyed the process so far.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Cool, good information to know. Thanks for posting that. Good luck, I hope you get top dollar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts