IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stagger setup. used for only 6 autox's..

1 pair 275/40/17 for fronts, 1 pair 245/45/17 for rears.

these tires still have tons of grip, and lots of life left. kev lau used them for 5 autox's on his evo before he stepped up his 18" setup. i used them for only 1 rain event- wrx vs. evo (fastest subaru by a large margin). now need to free up these wheels for the upcoming grandview rallyx!

$150 for all 4. you won't find a better deal out there! i can deliver to any nyr/nnjr autox..

the stagger setup works perfectly for our understeer prone cars. my car was perfectly neutral at wrx vs. evo.

thanks,
dan

·
Banned
8,265 Posts
I dont think I want to roll my front fenders for these to fit. However if you take some pics, I will probably be meeting up with you soon.

Why are you getting rid of them?

And where are you located in NJ.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm located in port washington, long island.

i planned on running bsp for fun.. but now the rallyx bug is calling so i need to mount my snow tires.. i don't have enough wheels. i'm also spending some time developing the car for STU on a national level for next year so i need to focus on that.

pics-

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
izzodesh said:
if u got these caesar u would kick everyone's a$$ by ALOT more than u already are!

what are the benefits of riding with wider up front?
i have never seen a reverse stagger...
I could be wrong on this, but here it goes. Wider tires up front allows for more contact patch = more grip = less prone to push/understeer. This maybe oversimplified, but I think that's the premise behind reverse staggering.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RdRacer301 said:
I could be wrong on this, but here it goes. Wider tires up front allows for more contact patch = more grip = less prone to push/understeer. This maybe oversimplified, but I think that's the premise behind reverse staggering.
that's right. more grip up front.. more rotation. as long as the overall diameter is the same or very close. your center diff would not be happy otherwise.

the pictures of the tires do no clearly show the amount of meat left on the tires if you are not familiar with 710's. i'd take pics of the individual wear indicator dimples but that's a hassle unless someone requests it. those grooves are not wear indicators..

·
Banned
8,265 Posts
Im not sure how 275's would fit on my stock suspension setup w/ tanabe gf210's...

You have coilovers so the suspension takes up less room. Do you have any rims on the wheels right now?

·
Banned
8,265 Posts
Yeah I have a few guys in my auto-x club using the 275s, but they are on stock suspension on them. Where are you located exactly?

Any chance I can come by and see if they fit with the rotas on my car?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.