IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new STi armrest extension in box, picked up from dealer as it was included in the car options but never installed. I asked the dealer to just refund me the difference for the armrest but he asserted that it was free to me and would not.

Never been used, all mounting hardware included. The only reason I am selling is that I believe it will get in my way slightly when shifting if I install it. Others here have posted they have no such problems and seem to enjoy having theirs installed. I recommend you see if you can find an STi with one installed or have your dealer show you what it is like installed as I do not want to have someone returning this after buying it.

I am asking $100 plus $7 shipping in the continental US. Dealer price is $128 or $138 (can't recall which, honestly), retail is ~ $145.

Payment through paypal or through my private merchant account (MC, Visa only), whichever you feel more comfortable with. NOTE: I have a merchant account for a non-automotive related business, I am not an automotive merchant or dealer or accessories retailer of any kind.

Thanks. :D

·
Chuck taught me everything I know
504 Posts
You can get them for $105.00 online. I will give you $80.00 shipped.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM alarm questions

ERacer said:
You can get them for $105.00 online.
Including shipping?

If you can show me a link for it as $105 including shipping, then I'll sell it for $100 shipped, otherwise $100 plus shipping still stands. You just told me the market value was $105, and this is brand new and never used.

Otherwise I'll just ebay it... nothing I've sold on ebay has ever sold for less than market value anyway.

·
504 Posts
RadarOnPaws said:
ERacer said:
You can get them for $105.00 online.
Including shipping?

If you can show me a link for it as $105 including shipping, then I'll sell it for $100 shipped, otherwise $100 plus shipping still stands. You just told me the market value was $105, and this is brand new and never used.

Otherwise I'll just ebay it... nothing I've sold on ebay has ever sold for less than market value anyway.
Here is a brand new pull off ebay for $67.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2441162082

Also check out http://subaru.autowebaccessories.com/store/default.php?cPath=181_192_195 $101.93

Good luck and let me know if you change your mind.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Email from SOA

ERacer said:
Yeah, although you forgot to mention shipping on that was $12. That makes it $79 total and they could have probably gotten closer to retail if they wanted. I've never failed to get retail on new items and at least the maximum that used items were going for in other auctions. Let's put it this way, on ebay, whatever reserve I've set or max I had in mind has always been met.

That does not include shipping. Here is the estimated shipping from that same site:

UPS Ground $10.65US
UPS 3 Day Select (3Days) $23.85US
UPS 2nd Day Air (2Days) $36.02US

At the very least, you are looking at $112.58, or up to 137.95 if you are really impatient.

Good luck and let me know if you change your mind.
Thanks. I'll just ebay it and get my $100.

M

·
0 Posts
lol all this over 20 bucks, 3 of which you'll lose by putting it up for sale on Ebay, :)

sorry couldn't resist....

·
504 Posts
doublej said:
ill take it 90 shipped
Ok I will take it. Email your payment info. Just to make sure include the part number off the box in your email.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mistkerl said:
lol all this over 20 bucks, 3 of which you'll lose by putting it up for sale on Ebay, :)

sorry couldn't resist....
So that's 17 more than I will get by giving it away for $80. Do you use $20 bills to wipe with or something? If I feel I can get closer to $100 for it, why shouldn't I? It's not like replying on the forum has been extremely hard work or has cost me any money. :roll:

I'm sure ERacer didn't take any offense at it, it's not like I'm out there trying to rip anyone off. It will still be cheaper than they can get it anywhere else with the exception of one ebay auction that is already over.

Basically, if you aren't interested, move on to something else...

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ERacer, what do you mean by "I will take it"? Since you quoted doublej, I wasn't sure if you were offering to go with his price or the one I quoted in my reply to you ($100 shipped).

If you mean his price, I should probably go with him first since he did offer $90 first.

doublej, just wanted you to see I wasn't ignoring you. Just wanted to clarify what ERacer's offer was first.

Thanks to all replies by those who are interested in the item.

·
504 Posts
RadarOnPaws said:
ERacer, what do you mean by "I will take it"? Since you quoted doublej, I wasn't sure if you were offering to go with his price or the one I quoted in my reply to you ($100 shipped).

If you mean his price, I should probably go with him first since he did offer $90 first.

doublej, just wanted you to see I wasn't ignoring you. Just wanted to clarify what ERacer's offer was first.

Thanks to all replies by those who are interested in the item.
My mistake, I thought you were offering it for $90.00 shipped. I will take it for that price if you don’t have another buyer.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ERacer, let me check with doublej first. I'm not trying to be a jerk, my understanding is that you were still offering $80 when doublej offered $90. If he doesn't want it for sure, it's yours for $90.

After reading mistkerl's remarks, I do want to make sure you don't think I was jerking you around. I thought it was reasonable that I set an asking price, you counteroffered, and I countered that (said $100 shipped). Then doublej offered $90 which was higher. That's how stuff is negotiated, by both parties making counteroffers. If you did feel I was just trying to be a jerk, then I apologize. I don't think I was wrong to try to get as much as I could and still offer a reasonable price. And I thought since doublej offered the $90 bid (closest to my original asking price) first, I would need to go that route first. Does that seem fair?

I'm serious about this because I was not trying to be a jackass over $20 as implied, but the fact is, getting that $20 or $17 extra pays for the shipping and then a little. It didn't seem unreasonable to me.

I'm going to PM doublej now, I PM'd you also with this message to make sure there are no hard feelings and that we see eye to eye.

Thanks everyone. I know my intentions were questioned but I don't think what I asked was unreasonable.

M

·
0 Posts
hehe I didn't mean you were being a jackass, I just meant that when it came down to it, the difference was only 20 bucks, and that isn't that much money when you think about the 30 G's you just dropped on the car itself. I just found it amusing, nothing more nothing less.

:)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for taking it wrong. No hard feelings?

I guess a lot of things are cheap when compared to the $30k for the car, doesn't mean I should go out and blow $100 every hour without regard. :D Similarly, if something is worth $90 or $100, then why sell it for $80 when that $90 means I got the shipping paid for and now actually did make at least $80?

Basically, we counteroffered each other as many people do during negotiations.

But I do apologize for getting bent out of shape. I was operating on 2 1/2 hours sleep and didn't feel the need to justify my asking price.

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it (sincerely).

Regards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.