IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I seem to recall a few of you guys saying you had the front glass UV tinted to block heat.

I had this done yesterday, and I'm not liking it so far. I can see little bubbles in the tint that warps my view out of the glass. The installer said it would take a few days for the tint to dry and the glue/bubbles to dissapear, and after that it would look normal.

If you have had this done, is this what your experience was?

thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey MistKerl - I was probably the one you recall mentioning that. Problem was, I've had like 3-4 BAD experiences w/tint shops (just poor work) so I researched my tint guy pretty hardcore. What they put on my STi was made by Llumar and was called a UV screen or something equally meaningless. The owner of the shop did it, and said that b/c it was clear it would take longer than my tints to dry (as it wouldn't absorb any heat from the sun). It took him almost an hour to do, and when he finished (I sat right there while they tinted my STi, as I don't want it driven :) ) he said it was the best windshield he'd ever done. I could hardly find a bubble (even tiny ones) when he was done. I'd say it took almost 2 weeks to dry completely (he guesstimated 3 weeks) and it's almost impossible to see it's even there now, unless you start looking for edges. If it's warping your field of vision I'd say it's probably a bad install....but you may want to give it 2-3 weeks to dry and see what happens (assuming it's tolerable and not dangerous). FWIW mine REALLY DOES WORK and I'm very pleased I got it done, even for $80. Hope it works out o.k.

·
Registered
614 Posts
No problem Mist - I hope it turns out o.k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts