IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
becoming a sleeper, step 1

I know this is contrary to popular belief. But I put on a whiteline 21mm front sway bar on my Sti today. Everything else is stock. Surprisingly it really made a difference. Turn in much faster. So is the steering. I have not felt any huge oversteer problems. It seems to hold the ground pretty darn well. Took care of alot of lean. Spring are next. As soon as I can find some pink sti springs in stock in the US lol.

Dan

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Anyone else's oil stick do jack squat for them?

Yes it will stiffen up your turn in, but people usually put sway bars on because they help oversteer (if you put a bigger bar on the back), putting an even bigger bar on the front will cause more understeer... so be careful. It'd be smart to get a bigger rear sway bar too and putting it in the middle setting or so. So ya, bigger front bar = more understeer, bigger rear bar = more oversteer. Good luck and congrats on your install! I did the cusco front and rear bar and i love em too :)

Robert~

·
Registered
382 Posts
some of us are trying to stay in A stock, so rear bars are not allowed. And, although a really big bar would increase understeer, a slightly larger bar will reduce the excess body roll which will let the car have more grip.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not anywhere even close to A stock lol. but I know plenty of guys that are running bigger front sway bars that autocross. Most of the national champs in the subaru's are doing this as well. An all wheel drive car reacts differently to sway bars than a rear wheel drive car I believe. All I know is that I like the change to far. It oversteers when I want it to oversteer. And I love the way it launches out of turns now :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts