IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my tbe a few weeks ago and flashed to the stage 2 91 oct cali map. after my test drive the cel light came on and i pulled the code p1153 which is for the front o2 sensor. i think i might have fried it cause i think i got some pb blaster on it when i was doing my install. the dealer said my car has low a/f ratio readings. i was just wondering if running with a messed up o2 sensor will be bad for my car? im planning to replace it, but i don't have the money for it right now since i spent all my money on the tbe and cobb ap :lol:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
is your cruise control light flashing? You don't want to drive it in limp mode. The front O2 sensor is weaker than the French army and will give up on you just as quick. subiegal has it for about $146 :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the cruise light is flashing. what do you mean drive in limp mode? for now my car feels fine, but im worried something might happen. yeah i was planning to buy a new one from subiegal, but right now im broke :( i spent the rest of my money on my tbe and EM. i just got a new job so im hoping i can get a new o2 sensor soon. im just hoping nothing bad will happen to my car :(

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
It means don't drive your car...do you have Cobb EM? If so, check out your boost in limp mode...probably only around 7-10 psi....limp mode allows you to drive to a service station to fix what is wrong so you are not left stranded on the side of the road... Try to clear the code with the Cobb EM and if it does not return, you are good to go. If it returns, credit card the O2.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was checking the boost and it was 7-10 psi. what am i suppose to be running normally when im at 2-3k rpm? i've reset the cel code twice already it just comes back. i recently pulled my code again and another code came up: p0170 i think? says my a/f is running lean? for sure i think its my o2 sensor, i just placed my order for the o2 sensor a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You'll need an O2 socket as well which is about $10.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.