IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of inifinity kapaa components 6. 5 installed for my fronts. I am running it off an alpine 9805 deck, no amp. Whenever my voume goes above 12 or so i start hearing a slight buzzing or hissing sounds from the direction of my tweeter, it starts to kick in when there is even a little bit of bass. When i hold the panel over the tweeter with my hand and put pressure on it the buzing goes away. Its a little hard to explain, but the buzzing is intermitent, just when bass sounds are coming through. What is strange is the right tweeter does not have this problem at all.

I got it installed at tweeter and am gonna take it back there soon, but im not sure what the problem is. Is the doro panel a little loose and the buzing coming from that, or is my tweeter lose, or do i just need an amp to run more power do the buzzing goes away?

PLease help, this sound is driving me nuts.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
If you can push down on the panel and make it stop, it sounds to me like you have a slight vibration issue. Check your mounting and clearance with the panel again. Most likely it is not contacting the panel except under the circumstances you described, just enough to cause vibration. Make use of foam tape if necessary. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts