IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all that run coilovers, when going up driveways that are kinda steep with a lowered car. when ever i hit a steep driveway at an angle i think either front tire (depending on the enrty) leaves the ground and i hear and feel this crazy sound coming from the front of the car... i know it's not the lip/spoiler dragin since it's not scratched, so is it normal for the front diff to sound like that with one tire in the air?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe my car is breaking then... i'm the only one with this problem???

·
Registered
179 Posts
pimpsti said:
when going up driveways that are kinda steep with a lowered car. when ever i hit a steep driveway at an angle i think either front tire (depending on the entry) leaves the ground and i hear and feel this crazy sound coming from the front of the car... so is it normal for the front diff to sound like that with one tire in the air?
i'm still on stock springs and that happens almost anytime i approach a steep ramp/driveway at an angle, and not straight on. ya, your probably getting a wheel in the air and the diff is trying to compensate. just go slow and be glad you have a nice stiff chassis :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man.. i was starting to wonder if i was having issues.... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts