IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't follow link

Hey guys, I'm new here and wanna say hello.

To be honest I dont own a WRX, I own a Maxima, 2K1 with a good number of mods, frankly I'm overall satisfied with the car, the car is far from perfect but overall for it size it's one of those Best Bang for the buck, BTW I' wont bach or anything like that I'm a creative person and always looking to share and help other. I own my max for a little over 3 years now, until recently ( 2 days ago ) my plans were to add some serious boost to the max and other mods as well, until I had a chance to see one STi, man oh man, after seing the car and later the spec I'm like :eek: It kinda confuse the hell out of me, and deserting my Max is growing on me, when I talk to the wife about the STi she was like :D I will test drive one really soon, if you guys have anything to share at this point, I 'd be more than happy to ear about it.

Thanks you and best regards

STICADGOS

·
Registered
21 Posts
RS6

well, I can tell you my wife hates that I bought one, but only because she refuses to shift. It's pretty funny, the car is noticed everywhere it goes. People stop in traffic and salute, street racers pull in behind me at gas stations to talk about it and look it over. She finally realizes how popular it is and is beginning to warm to it. I may get her to drive it one day.

Other than the shifter though, no bad words from her even though it cost me a weekend of silence at first.

fred Rosser

·
Registered
343 Posts
Keeping the Maxima is obviously the smart and financially wise course of action. A no-brainer especially since its paid for!!

That being said. Get the STi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2001 Maxima also. While it IS a great car, I kick myself everyday for my ridiculous attempt to be "mature" when I should have gotten a car that is more fun! That being said, the day my Max lease is up (another poor decision) I'll be buying an STi.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It is nice not to have a car payment as one of my learn-ned associates said a thread or two up. Then again, STI, oooohhh aaaahhh:D

M

·
0 Posts
If it's paid for, just keep it as you other car, and get an STi anyway. Of course, you may find that it doesn't work out so good... when you end up driving the STi everywhere instead of the 'daily driver' maxima, :).

It's all I can do to not drive my STi everyday, hehe.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Drive the STi before buying it. If all you want is raw performance, you will like it. Otherwise, I'd keep the Maxima (or look elsewhere.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, thanks for your feed back, I will definitely drive one soon. I'll let you know
out it turned out. I think I like the idea of keeping the max and buying another car.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers

AA

·
Registered
219 Posts
STICADGOS said:
I will test drive one really soon, if you guys have anything to share at this point, I 'd be more than happy to ear about it.

STICADGOS
Hey I don't know whether you are a Max.org member, but I was. Same name as here, stikya. I had a 2k1 (up til May 03) w/ all the bolt-ons, a/f controller, 100 shot nitrous, the works. I was putting down 265whp/300t in my auto Max. I parted it out, sold it, drove a loaner civic for 6 months :cry: (to save money) and got an STI :D . Haven't regretted it one day since.

I've actually just returned to the Max.org and posted this week, saying hi to old friends and showing off my STI.

Anyway the STI comes stock w/ as much power my 2k1 Max had on nitrous... Plus, there's the sweet sounding zing of the turbo each time you step on the gas, and the seemingly endless supply of performance parts that keep surfacing. (how long did people wait for a chip on the Max.= years.) After 6 months of the car being sold we have tuned chips available. Supossedly there is already one member putting down 430bhp w/ a couple bolt-ons and a chip from gpmotto. :eek:

There is nothing like throwing that 6 speed around and being pushed back in your seat through every gear. And don't even try to contest the handling and launches you get in this 4-wheel drive beast.

You only live once...DO IT!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Black/Gold in Baltimore

yeah! when i had my Z, no one looked at it nor swarming around it. just b/c it's too common in MD. after i traded in for the STI, ppl are just like disease! you dont see too many of them here, maybe 1 or 2 at the most. which is good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts