IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's a late introduction, but I recently traded cars with my brother and I am a proud owner of '05 AW STi :D My brother used to post under my username even though I told him to get a new username... arg. His name is Soohan and I'm his older bro Yohan. I used to post here sometimes before I got the G coupe and was car shopping, which was few years back... I should have gotten the STi to begin with! Anyway, the G is currently at a shop getting a turbo kit installed along with new clutch and suspension goodies. I might be jealous and regret trading cars when it comes out of the shop, but oh well :p

Anyway, I really like how nimble the STi feels compared to heavy G... the feeling I have been missing ever since I had owned an FC RX-7. The grip of AWD feels amazing. I took a highway on-ramp that had series of turns once and I was really amazed at what this car could do. I was at full throttle at apex without even planning to do so... it was almost like the STi was urging me to get on it, and it rocketed out of the corner. I was like... damn! :lol: I'm sure everyone had this moment with theirs if it's your first AWD car like me.

So far, the car has Cobb stage 2. I'm planning to do a lot of mods to it that covers just about everything. Here is what I have planned so far:

RCE springs
Group N tophats
Cobb swaybars
Kartboy endlinks
Turbo XS racepipe
Full sound system w/ Eclipse AVN-5435
Maddad V2 STi gauges(boost, EGT, oil P)
Recaro Speeds
Protune
SYMS replica rear wing
JDM rear spats
Cusco front lip
Rota Tarmac 3 18X8 in gold(I will not have any money for nice wheels after all of the above... Rotas will keep me happy until I can afford a set of Volk CE28N's in gold Rotas aren't too bad though at 20lbs, though :))

What do you guys think of the list? I'm working on it already and have some parts on the list and have few more coming in the mail pretty soon :D

It's great to be a part of this great community! I can only look forward to the great times to be had with my STi. :banana:

·
Registered
162 Posts
welcome

lol i also have a 35 and an 05 sti cool;) . nice dicotomy. sti certainly does make me drive angry:lol: . you got the better of the deal.

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
good move.

g35 owners in my area are straight up d***s. :tdown:

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
umm the sti is the best choice even thought the G is nice. What the sti has the the G can never get is its AWD

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Ikon said:
umm the sti is the best choice even thought the G is nice. What the sti has the the G can never get is its AWD
The G does have AWD But thats the 4 door edition which doesn look as sporty as the Coupe'

·
Registered
205 Posts
G35 Couple gets the high class ladies.. and the STi get the down right sluts!!!! ;) hehe

·
Registered
205 Posts
G35 Couple gets the high class ladies.. and the STi gets the down right sluts!!!! ;) hehe

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Rookie84 said:
Yada, yada, yada...

What do you guys think of the list? I'm working on it already and have some parts on the list and have few more coming in the mail pretty soon :D

It's great to be a part of this great community! I can only look forward to the great times to be had with my STi. :banana:
Get a rotated GT35R and a FMIC. Turbo'd G Whaaaat?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not a bad trade for either of you. Each car has it's compromises. You lost classy refinement and luxury, in exchange for raw performance and thrills, and vice versa for him. I suppose on a G35 forum, your brother would be getting praise from those guys like you are on here, thinking he got the better of you. It's all subjective really. Both great cars, yet very different cars. It's nice to see everyone won on this trade. :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, guys. I'm very happy with the trade so far. :)

WRX8STI, yeah. Most G guys were like "WTF were you thinking?" when I posted on G35Driver.com about this trade. :p I do sort of miss the comfort and luxury, but when I take the next corner at the speeds that G will never be able to, I forget all about it :D

My brother was looking for comfort and luxury and he got exactly what he wanted. G coupe with turbo should be a very fun daily driver. I look forward to driving it when it comes out of the shop. :)

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
money vs comfort vs speed

they all work against each other. If you want real comfort, with real speed, its an RS4. If you have 30K you can't have both. STi is a great compromise on the side of skewed towards all around performance with lots of practicality. (can carry 4 adults, 1 baby seat, and a trailer all at the same time . . socially)

Don

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
The g35 is a more attractive car, but for down right performance, the STi is the better choice. Good luck with the car, it sounds like you have some interesting plans.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
g35 are hawt but sti FTW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts