IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
This was a great read... Thank you!

New Subaru owner with a 2020 wing lapis blue STi... From a 2010 Honda SI (due to getting tboned)

Will definitely get an AP and I think the titanium Cobb is the best cat back, equal headers and intake... But I'll stick to just AP now and the rest after 10k miles
If anyone hasn’t told you already make sure you put anti seize on the Brembo caliper bolts. If you don’t they will corrode in a year and ruin the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
If anyone hasn’t told you already make sure you put anti seize on the Brembo caliper bolts. If you don’t they will corrode in a year and ruin the threads.
I haven't heard this either. Makes sense though. What torque specs did you use with the anti-seize?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I haven't heard this either. Makes sense though. What torque specs did you use with the anti-seize?
I actually don’t know. Prime Motoring took care of it for me during my last oil change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually don’t know. Prime Motoring took care of it for me during my last oil change.
Cool. I know with anti-seize you should torque it down a little less than without. Also wondering if they used it on just the caliper mounting bolts. I'll try it, but if they don't back out nice I'll leave it till it's time to deal with it down the road when the rotor has to come off. Not a huge deal to fix it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Cool. I know with anti-seize you should torque it down a little less than without. Also wondering if they used it on just the caliper mounting bolts. I'll try it, but if they don't back out nice I'll leave it till it's time to deal with it down the road when the rotor has to come off. Not a huge deal to fix it.
On my 2016 with the 4 piston Brembos, Brembo stated 80ft lbs dry (as opposed to Subaru's service manual 114ft lbs), so I did around 70 ft lbs with copper antiseize. My understanding is the normal silver antiseize has graphite which might accelerate galvanic corrosion. I think rear brembos I did around 45-50ft lbs, I think the Subaru service manual is correct at ~57ft lbs, unlike what they printed for the fronts.

Not sure what Brembo would say about the official specs for 6 piston front calipers though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my 2016 with the 4 piston Brembos, Brembo stated 80ft lbs dry (as opposed to Subaru's service manual 114ft lbs), so I did around 70 ft lbs with copper antiseize. My understanding is the normal silver antiseize has graphite which might accelerate galvanic corrosion. I think rear brembos I did around 45-50ft lbs, I think the Subaru service manual is correct at ~57ft lbs, unlike what they printed for the fronts.

Not sure what Brembo would say about the official specs for 6 piston front calipers though.
Thanks man, I was reading that about the regular silver anti-seize, not sure how true that is, but may as well go with the copper.

I heard about the old service manual misprint which the 114 was N-m and not ft-lb, the one for the 2019 is fixed and for the 6 piston fronts they want 88.5ft-lb, and 54ft-lb for the rear brembo caliper bolts. So you basically torqued a little over 10% less than dry spec, which sounds good.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks man, I was reading that about the regular silver anti-seize, not sure how true that is, but may as well go with the copper.

I heard about the old service manual misprint which the 114 was N-m and not ft-lb, the one for the 2019 is fixed and for the 6 piston fronts they want 88.5ft-lb, and 54ft-lb for the rear brembo caliper bolts. So you basically torqued a little over 10% less than dry spec, which sounds good.
Wow good to know about the service manual. It's about damn time Subaru! Only took them 15 years lol

Also, I had no trouble removing the front caliper bolts a thousand or so miles later at that torque spec. They were certainly tight, but came out much easier than they did the first time I did rotors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow good to know about the service manual. It's about damn time Subaru! Only took them 15 years lol

Also, I had no trouble removing the front caliper bolts a thousand or so miles later at that torque spec. They were certainly tight, but came out much easier than they did the first time I did rotors.
That's messed up about the manual lol. Good stuff, I'll try and get to doing this soon. Little cold out here now, I wish I'd known about it a few months back.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
I noticed one of my cup holders is missing the OEM mat. I decided to try Cup Holder Hero mats and they fit well. Door cubbies are more usable by not letting things slide around. Red coloring appears to match as well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Maintenance wash today

On my last bit of P&S Pearl Wash. I’m really impressed by its slickness and foaming ability in a canon. At around $23/gal delivered it’s a winner if you have a business. As an enthusiast I’m willing to try something new.

Also on my last bottle of Griots Wheel Cleaner. I’ve been using this for over 10 years. Might give the P&S Brake Buster Total Wheel Cleaner a try at $24/gal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
P&S Bead Maker as a topper over Fictech One 1yr ceramic coating. BM plays well with it and adds gloss and slickness. The downside is durability. I would say 2-3 weeks unless it my power washer that cuts it down. Water still beads but it doesn’t pop off like Sonax BSD. But BSD isn’t as glossy and grabby to the touch.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

I’ve finally capitulated to the need for flaps after 3 winters. My 2017 had a few tiny swoosh marks mid way up the rear passenger doors. Despite Xpel on the rockers and lower doors on the 2020 recently saw salt chunks mid way up the rear doors.

I considered RokBlokz and TNMF flaps but in the end I like the lower profile shape of RallyArmor. It came down to black with caliper green logo or red. I went with red.

Two coats of Sonax PNS applied

Straight forward install

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I was all set to leave the rears off the car because I have Xpel on the lower rear bumper.

The front-only look is purposeful and flap disappears.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts