IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts

Xpel PPF in all high impact areas. Entire front end, mirrors and headlights, A pillars and leading edge of roof, rockers and lower doors, gas cap, rear lower bumper, trunk strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the same thing with my new 2019 STI. Then he ceramic coated the whole car. Very nice and no more fear of stone chips. My old 2015 was blasted when I got rid of it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
you took your 2017 back to stock to trade it in for a 2020 that will remain stock?
Nope, COBB released 2020 support today. Picking up an Accessport at Prime Motoring tomorrow and going to run an OTS tune until I’m scheduled to see Junior for a protune.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Polished with Rupes Uno Protect and coated with Fictech One ceramic coating

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
OE caliper clearance vs. ZE40 18x9.5 +40. The Volks with tires weigh 10.8 lbs less per corner.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Fitted my carry over snows, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 245/40R18

+40 is a cleaner fit vs the more popular +38. Factory alignment needs a nip tuck.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
300 miles on odo. Time to dump the factory fill and replace with the most shear resistant synthetic motor oil. This 5w40 was test proven to last 4500 miles on ethanol on my stock block 2017 making 425whp. My tribologist has seen customer tests out perform Motul Xcess, Synergie and 300V.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Factory alignment was -.7° and -.5° camber front. Rear is not adjustable without lower control arms. Cleaned it up to an even -1.4° camber and zero toe around. Made a noticeable improvement in initial turn-in and mid corner stability.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

Emblem color changed in 2020. I can’t just slap on a JDM black side emblem with red STi on the 2020 to compliment the wheels. Maybe a powdercoat wheel color change to silver and fill in where Volk has silver text inlays with cherry blossom text to tie it all in OEM+ style.

Calipers are comically big and neon green is flashy. Perhaps silver with cherry blossom logo

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just know that I love your attention to detail and enthusiasm. I am vicariously living through you while I decide if I want to ditch the Golf R and come back to my true home.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just know that I love your attention to detail and enthusiasm. I am vicariously living through you while I decide if I want to ditch the Golf R and come back to my true home.
Thanks. Golf R is cool. I like the one Chris Harris posted earlier.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Power up

Stock vs 2019 stock

My carry over COBB downpipe and shop had Grimmspeed heat shield laying around so we didn’t have to cut up the OE one

When we were young and fresh

Air box looks different

Saw 19psi off the bat, target boost on 2019+ is 19.5psi on stage 2.

Very happy!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Throwback to my Boston Green 1999 M coupe. Owned it from 2005-2013, had TCKline everything. Stole staggered 17” and 18" sizing idea from Corvettes. CCW classics in 17x9" and 18x10.5". Miss this car.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Close up of the revised side. I like how the gloss ties in with the grill.

Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I’m digging the power delivery feel of COBB stage 2 OTS map. Smoother than OEM and 2nd and 3rd pulls with a strong sense of urgency. It reminds me of my 2017 on ID1050x and AEM320 on 93oct and definitely stronger than when it was dyno’d at 270/300 off a downpipe and protune. Since I modified my 2017 in steps and had 3 protunes my experience estimates this OTS map at around 310/330 about 20/40 more than my baseline 290/287.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Stop in Detailer’s Domain to pick up a bottle of Rupes Uno Protect, and replenish on towels from The Rag Company.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts