IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Something had to be done to tone down the volume. By December 2018 COBB announced its titanium exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

The whole exhaust including SS clamps weighed in at 24 lbs. The welds are pretty.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

The single wall burnt tips look rice to me. I wish they left the titanium alone with a satin brushed finish. Or glass bead blasted like custom knives.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A year later and 29,000 miles on a tuner car I started to grow tired. The front lip scrapes often. The 255/35R18 is a great look and avoids scrubbing the rear fender liner without the need to roll the fender. It is also a 25" tire vs 25.7" on the OE 245/40R18.

Putting around town the engine is always between 2.5k and 3.5k rpms, right in the sweet spot of the EJ25 drone. The paint was also a mess. I consciously passed on Xpel PPF and the result was a shot front end, one stone chip went through the paint to expose the aluminum hood. The front bumper is a mess and I burned through the clear coat along an edge with an orbital. I was trying to clean up a long faint scratch left by a tire shop over the front fender. I didn’t even use much pressure but I did do a few passes using Griots Boss Fast Cream.

I decided to return the car to stock to trade it in for an Outback Onyx XT.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Placed an order for an Onyx XT in early October and was guided to 6-8 week delivery. It was going to be ice silver metallic with upgraded Rockford Fosgate audio, seat back protectors and a trailer hitch. Well the car isn’t scheduled until late December and during this time I fell in love with the STi again driving around stock.

I think the balance in power to handling is great. It’s a lot of fun to row through 3 gears without the fear of getting pulled over by police. The stereo sounds good again without the TBE ruining everything. So I went for another STi. A 2020.

On a dealership floor. Pure red cleaned up is a great color on winged STi’s.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Placed an order for an Onyx XT in early October and was guided to 6-8 week delivery. It was going to be ice silver metallic with upgraded Rockford Fosgate audio, seat back protectors and a trailer hitch. Well the car isn’t scheduled until late December and during this time I fell in love with the STi again driving around stock.

I think the balance in power to handling is great. It’s a lot of fun to row through 3 gears without the fear of getting pulled over by police. The stereo sounds good again without the TBE ruining everything. So I went for another STi. A 2020.

Image Link

On a dealership floor. Pure red cleaned up is a great color on winged STi’s.

Congrats! and I completely agree with appreciating the STI in stock form. The factory tune on the Type RA & 2019+ models is great!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Congrats! and I completely agree with appreciating the STI in stock form. The factory tune on the Type RA & 2019+ models is great!

Thanks! The 2020 base has a few little upgrades over my 2017 worth mentioning. Reactive LED headlights and keyless start are now standard. The audio even without the H/K in the limited sounds pretty good. The leather on the wheel is softer, cabin is quieter and vent controls have a bit more up market feel. The short shifter is less notchy and smooth. I had a hard time accepting the Recaro seat price but sitting in one changed my mind. It feels like an event every time I get in the car.

Brushed satin decal

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)

Feels better in person. I was able to negotiate $2400 off MSRP and SoA loves their customers. I called and they emailed me a loyalty coupon worth $500. A friend gave me an Ambassador coupon but the dealership told me I couldn’t combine the two. Called SoA again and they voided both and reissued a new loyalty coupon worth $1,000.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Xpel PPF in all high impact areas. Entire front end, mirrors and headlights, A pillars and leading edge of roof, rockers and lower doors, gas cap, rear lower bumper, trunk strip.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts