IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had some absolutely fabulous weather around here the last few days with slushy, packed, and untracked snow on the roads to freezing rain today - and I LOVE MY STi!

It's equipped with studded Hakka-2's and is practically unstoppable. Even the 40% grade of my parent's rural driveway that was covered in a nearly solid sheet of ice couldn't hold the car back. We got in going downhill, but could we get out?? (My parent's couldn't do it with their 4WD Explorer and studs.) Hell yeah! It was a little squirrelly, but the STi was ready to rocket up that 100 yds of icy mess. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
looks like it's frothing at the mouth, ready for more!

M

·
0 Posts
geez, move to somewhere warmer! No one should have to live in those weather conditions!

:)

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is a once in a 10 year thing in out area. I must admit, my Sti sat in the garage.. But my MDX looked like that!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It reminds me of one of the scenes from the Alien movie series.

I forgot to mention that my 7 year old son was in the back seat hollering 'Woohoo!' while my wide eyed 5 year old looked on nervously while clutching the o-s**t handle. :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
ha, my STi looks like that all the time. I wash it every 2 days just to keep the salt off of it. we had 2 snow storms here before christmas and both of them brought over 10 inches of snow so our area. since then we have been getting wierd weather from 60 degrees outside right down to last night and today it is 14 degrees outside. they are saying its going to be 4 degrees on friday night and 8 on saturday. I just hope we get some more snow because I am looking forward to more skiing and more driving in it. I have a set of Blizzak LM-22's and they are virtually unstopable in the snow and ice that we get around here. although I havent had the chance to drive on really bad ice yet we did have 3 pretty bad ice storms before I picked up my STi. and I'll tell ya what . my saturn didnt want to go anywhere in that. haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts