IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i bought my sti a couple months of go and it comes with a free membership to scca, now what im wondering is if when i join this for free and i come in with a broken tranny or something is my warranty going to be void because the car has been driven? Yes im aware about he new law on warranty and how they have to prove to void warranty.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think you are jumping into conclusions. Joining SCCA has nothing to do with warranty. If you actually race as in SCCA club racing, and brake the transmission, as I was almost doing 3 weeks ago, and Subaru or dealer knows that it was broken at the race; then they may not cover it. This may or may not apply for autocrosses, I do not know for sure. But since Subaru itself organizes autocrosses for owners (Subaru Challenge), I would doubt it; even though it is a timed event.

Any how, becoming a member of SCCA does not automatically void your warranty :)

Congrats on the WRX and happy new year.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Kartboy Shifter Bushings

Doesn't subaru give you a membership to SCCA when you buy your car?

And I distinctly remember somewhere that their pamphlet called the STi "a race car for the street" or something of the like.....

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
bitabur said:
Doesn't subaru give you a membership to SCCA when you buy your car?

Yes :)

And I distinctly remember somewhere that their pamphlet called the STi "a race car for the street" or something of the like.....
Robert~

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Hmm..... I just noticed that the title of this post is "Free SCCA Membership"

That's two mistakes in 20 minutes... I'm going back to sleep.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is the free membership i'm talking about the one that comes with the car, I didnt know if by joining i would be screwed when it came to wrranty work on certain parts

·
Registered
347 Posts
subaru gave us the membership in the first place, right? joining the scca isn't going to have any warranty repercussions. join up and do some autocrosses!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'd like to encourage everyone to send in their free SCCA membership form, whether you intend to autocross or not. Both the national SCCA and the local SCCA will get money from Subaru that they can use to sponsor events...and it doesn't cost you a penny. You'll also get a subscription to the SCCA's magazine, which is pretty good.

Then, once you've joined, you should think about autocrossing. It's a great way to legally drive your STi at the limits. We all talk about this mod and that mod, but the most important mod is the teaching-the-driver-how-drive mod. So autocrossing isn't just a blast, it's educational.

·
Chuck taught me everything I know
504 Posts
I know about the free membership, but when I asked the dealer for the form. He said it would come in the mail. I didn’t think so but he insisted. How did you all get yours? Did the dealer have the form or was it sent to you? Been two months and still no form.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Go back to your dealer and tell him it is supposed to be in the glove box. (A white lie.) It's worth about $50 as I remember. Mine was handed to me with the window sticker and other paperwork. Someone made off with yours...

·
Registered
347 Posts
yep, that's supposed to be in the glove box w/ all the manuals, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ask the dealer for the SCCA form. Send it in and contact the local SCCA group. (www.scca.org, has a regional locator at the bottom of the home page) Besides autocross you can rally, wheel to wheel race, or get involved in several aspects of being a wheel to wheel race offical. Getting in on the action at SCCA races does not mean you have to have a racecar. There are a ton of race worker jobs that are a blast and put you in the best seat in the house at some of the best races in the country. Just contact your local SCCA folks and they will help you get started.

·
Chuck taught me everything I know
504 Posts
Been there, done that

IPRESS said:
Ask the dealer for the SCCA form. Send it in and contact the local SCCA group. (www.scca.org, has a regional locator at the bottom of the home page) Besides autocross you can rally, wheel to wheel race, or get involved in several aspects of being a wheel to wheel race offical. Getting in on the action at SCCA races does not mean you have to have a racecar. There are a ton of race worker jobs that are a blast and put you in the best seat in the house at some of the best races in the country. Just contact your local SCCA folks and they will help you get started.
Thanks for the information. I am quite familiar with the SCCA as I have been racing for the past 10 years. A lot of fun and I would highly recommend all interested to join. I would agree with Impress just being a corner worker does give you some of the best seats in the house and worth the dues alone. Still a freebee year on SOA I will take. Anyway I called SOA today and they are sending me the form in the mail. So hopefully it’s taken care of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts