IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im really freaking out. Today on the Highway I got into a little tiff with a pimped out civic and I over rev'd my engine I hit the rev limiter. Have I dont any serious damage or is the rev limiter there to help prevent damage. Let me know because now I am nercvous thanks!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
What do you mean? You just shifted too late and hit the rev limiter? Thats no problem. If you mis shifted and over revved the engine thats when things go bad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just reved out the gear and didnt shift in time. I didnt shift to the wrong gear I just didnt shift and hit the limiter.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
LIke others have said, it does happen to the best of us, yeah it freaked me out the first time as well, you are fine, thats why its there, just as long as you dont ride on the rev limiter, thats when things can go wrong

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
good amount of interest at 11