IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys i have had my fp red for about 1000 miles and it seams like the only time it leaks is when im boosting like 17psi, and what i mean by leak is i took the turbo off and on the bottom side i have a spot were the clamp goes around the turbo were oil is noticbly coming out of. i called FP and they sayd there was probly something lodged in my drain tube so 1 i took a funnel and pored oil in to the drain tube and it drained just fine quite fast, so next i took my air compressor and regulated the psi to 25psi and took off the oil cap and riged up a air tight hose from the air-hose to oil drain tube to see if there was anything lodged but lots of air came out were you add oil so i don't think there anything lodged so the only other thing it could be is to much oil pressure so what i gess i am asking is there something that reduces the oil pressure to the turbo on the stock vf-39 because i did not have this problem on it. any advice would be much apreciated.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is a pix of were the turbo is leaking . and BTW i also checked the drain tube atached to the turbo and the gasket is fine is not blocking any of the turbos ability to drain the oil and the rubber hose conecting the turbo and the oil drain tube is brandNEW so its not leaking ......it has to be the oil presure i gess ....does the fp red oil line use a restricktor or somthing that mine did not come with?

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah, there is usually a restrictor pill that you use. If you have no restrictort pill i think you are running way too much oil pressure.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
STimo said:
Yeah, there is usually a restrictor pill that you use. If you have no restrictort pill i think you are running way too much oil pressure.

do you have anyidea what size?

·
Registered
890 Posts
wrxracer123 said:
do you have anyidea what size?
I don't know off the top of my head, but i'm sure if you go over to Nasioc and do a search under "sti oil restrictor pill" you should be able to find a thread that tells you what size to use.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ok so i went and bought a psi gauge and installed it inline in the fp braded hose and i also installed a .050 restrictor in line and the oil presure is right at 12 psi at idle and 45psi at 5500rpm when hot and im still haveing the oil leaking problem .... it just drips out of the under side of the clamp right on to my hot up pipe so i am still smelling burning oil any sugestions?:confused: iv checked all my crank case vents also just to make sure and they are all free also checked the one way valve also....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I wonder if not having the restrictor in for so long blew the seals.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wonder i think ill call FP and talk to them first person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts