IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On page 2 I have the dyno sheet.

Alright I noticed someone else on here had posted about what they are planning on doing with their turbo upgrade so I figured I would post mine and ask for any sugestions/helpful advice about my setup. Most everything on this list I already have by the way. And will be going on the car in about 3 weeks tops.

Everything is going on my 2004 STi with 28,000 miles
FP Green 3" Inlet EWG
APS 3.5" TBE
APS Turbo Inlet
APS 70mm CAI
APS DR725 FMIC
APS TGV Delete Valves
APS Fuel Rails
Ultimate Racing EWG Uppipe w/Tial 44mm EWG
PE 850cc Injectors
Cobb Accessport
AVC-R Boost Controller
Clutchmaster Stage 3 Clutch
ACT Streetlight Flywheel
Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley
NGK One Step Colder Spark Plugs
Walbro 255 fuel pump
GFB WRX Hybrid BOV
Crawford Performance Air/Oil Separator
Innovate Standalone Gauge Kit w/LC-1 & XD-16
and a nice set of Defi Gauges

Edit: Forgot to mention the whole setup will be installed by SOG Performance, and Tuned by Scott.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GFB WRX Hybrid

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yeah just one more thing I forgot cuz its already on the car... I have the Walbro 255. I also forgot to mention that I got the Craford Performace Air/Oil Separator (I know it's expensive but I like not having to empty a catch can).

·
Registered
501 Posts
Looks good. You may consider getting the Perrin header with it too. Ask Rainmaker. He's got almost the exact same setup but with the header, and had some dyno results to prove the power.

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
how's daily drivability with a setup like this? and what does the mpg turn into?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
^^ Assuming Scott does his usual good tune, the streetablity will be perfectly fine - a touch more turbo lag with a ton more grunt above 3.5K rpm. As for mileage, the same...except for when he sticks his foot in it. :lol:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping at least with just the streetlight flywheel it wouldn't be that bad. I'm not really gonna cry if my mpg isen't very good once I get on it I mean you do have to pay to play:D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i love my cobb but i was under the impression that once at the fp green level or red u should really contemplate ecutek as you can retune and go further as u upgrade turbos and change them out

personally not a fan of the lightened fly wheel or the pulley...makes it very jumpy in a bad way

otherwise good luck!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
izzodesh said:
i love my cobb but i was under the impression that once at the fp green level or red u should really contemplate ecutek as you can retune and go further as u upgrade turbos and change them out...
Nope. A Cobb AP based "ProTune" does exactly the same thing with even more flexibility since you can flash in a number of different realtime maps.

Your point about the flywheel is well taken, however. I'm not a fan of lightened flywheels either.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunatly I wont be able to take pics of the install:( but I will get plenty of them after it is all on the car

·
Registered
176 Posts
nice setup, I am thinking of running something similar. Some ?'s for you:

1) you installing yourself?
2) other turbo's you looked at? I was thinking FP Green vs. Deadbolt SZ49 or SZ55...
3) would the Tial 44 EWG setup be too big? Would the smaller size be better?
4) Any advantage running the APS TGV deletes, rather than just using the JDM TGV deletes ($200 at Renick motorsports)?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1) no, SOG is doing the install. I think its just a little to far for me to do all of the install then limp the car 600 miles.
2) I didn't look at a lot of different ones to be honest. I had heard many good things about the green but I was considering the red also but went with the green for the spool. I know a guy that has a green on his car and he has loved it. Now that I am looking back at what all I have done though it probably would have been cheaper for me to just go with a GT30r rotated.
3) I went with the 44mm b/c from what I have read the 44mm is far superior to the 38mm in build quality. I really want something to last and not have many problems.
4) no advantage that I know if except for money from the wallet...lol best bet would just be modify the stock ones if you don't want to pay big bucks on TGV deletes

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I will be going into the shop Oct. 9th to have this all installed. I went on and got the perrin headers to go with the whole setup.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sound slike about what I have. I have the stock clutch and flywheel though... no problems there. I used the 38mm TIAL. I also added an Aquamist 2d.

I would also recommend you consider the JECS 720s over the 850s. I had Perrin 816s and the change to JECS has made the car much easier to tune and drive.

Otherwise, its an almost identical setup to the one Ive had on the car for about 7-8k miles now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RainMaker said:
Sound slike about what I have. I have the stock clutch and flywheel though... no problems there. I used the 38mm TIAL. I also added an Aquamist 2d.

I would also recommend you consider the JECS 720s over the 850s. I had Perrin 816s and the change to JECS has made the car much easier to tune and drive.

Otherwise, its an almost identical setup to the one Ive had on the car for about 7-8k miles now.
What kind of power did your setup make? and have you run it at the track yet?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts