IW STi Forum banner

FP Black, Goal: 500whp

19K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  IDNTVPE 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I've been going through the forums and reading everything i can on the FP Black and what fueling is needed to get to 500 whp on ethanol. Below i will post my modifications and if anyone can chime in on changing anything before install that would be great!

IAG Stage 2 "tuff" short block
Refreshed stock heads
FP Black HTZ
Perrin FPR
AEM 320lph fuel pump (not hardwired)
ID 1300 injectors
PRL front mount intercooler
IAG Fuel rails
IAG fuel lines set up parallel
IAG TGV delete
IAG block off plates
Grimmspeed Up pipe w/ 38mm Tial EWG
Perrin ELH
Invidia catless down pipe
Tomei catback
Cobb accessport
Cobb SF intake system
Cobb flex fuel kit
Cobb ethanol sensor
IAG AOS street
Turbosmart duel port BOV
Killer B oil pickup & baffle

my main concerns are the Cobb intake, the Id 1300 injectors and the AEM fuel pump.
Any input is appreciated, thank you!

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm on the Dom 3.0xtr and making 505hp on a DW300c pump (not hardwired) and ID1300 injectors. I think you'll be fine with the AEM pump you have now. But also DW has recently made the DW400 which is a beefy drop-in pump. You could try that instead. And you don't NEED to hardwire your fuel pump unless you have issues supplying power to it.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I saw this guy making over 500 with a top mount intercooler and AEM 320 FP hardwired, Aeromotive FPR, Cobb FF kit, IAG Fuel Rails, and ID 1300.
2015 Built STi FP Black & FF tune - YouTube

Is it bad to be pushing the fueling to its limit? ive been getting alot of suggestions on the visconti fuel pump kit, but man is it pricey lol, damn subaru keeps making me pour out money.

#10 · (Edited)
Is it bad to be pushing the fueling to its limit?
Not bad under the limit, but quite bad over the limit.

I'ts quite difficult to run "at the limit" Most of us like the idea of "headroom". and in general you want to exercise you entire fuel system. You want flow, you want return, you want controlled manifold pressure. You don't want to leave it constipated or gasping. Size for your needs and desired head room. Now i'm back to were we started. What does he need?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I'd be planning heavier than stock wiring and an aftermarket controller if I wanted to exceed 500AWHP even if hard wired will work.

Reactions: Guapo_STi
#9 ·
Also, you should ask your tuner what they think you will need.

I was tuned by someone else before getting tuned by my current tuner. My other tuner was fine with my drop in dw65c, but my current tuner wanted it hardwired cause you could see the AFR start to creep at WOT and by 6500 RPMs I was at 12.5 or 13:1 on pump gas.

#12 ·
you won't need to upgrade lines from the pump to the engine bay. I'm 450 on ethanol and I'm fine with stock hard lines there. I did upgrade the fueling system in the engine bay
and on the return side with a hard wired 450 into a radium pump basket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#13 · (Edited)
Looks like a nice option though expensive before you are done.

I'd use the direct replacement controller I've seen mentioned here, not the recommended "booster" = at least not without knowing more about it.

#14 · (Edited)

hey everyone, little update. I ended up making 519/502 on E77 on a mustang dyno.

drivetrain parts list:
IAG stage 2 "tuff" short block
Refreshed OEM heads
FP black journal stock location
ID 1300 injectors
Perrin FPR
Visconti fuel basket with Walbro 485 hardwired
IAG fuel rails
IAG flex fuel kit
IAG Fuel lines
IAG TGV deletes
MAPerformance ELH
Grimmspeed EWG w/tial 38mm
Custom velocity stack 3in intake
FP silicon turbo inlet
PRL front mount intercooler kit
IAG AOS street
Killer B oil pick up and baffle OEM oil pan
Tomei titanium exhaust
CSF radiator

tuned by Snail Performance Arizona and put together by RA Worx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.