IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pricing

All dealers I talked to, and that is all the Subaru dealers in the area, are planning to pack a minimum of 5K over. May a thousand infected camels take residence in their front yards!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
With only 2 posts total, this is all you have posted about. Your information, while it may be from a Subaru source, isn't accurate. It goes against what most of the Subaru dealers we have dealt with are saying. If that is the case and you have a sold order in place, go to another dealer. You're getting ripped.

Now if you are talking about trying to buy one off the lot....that's to be expected. You shouldn't be surprised. It was that way with all hot cars when they first come to market. The Miati is the most recent example that comes to mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i made a call to a Plano, Texas Subaru dealership and was told direct from sales manager that the mark up ( even on an ordered vehicle ) would be between 2,000 to 5,000 dollars. I have not tried Huffhines Subaru in Lewisville. Please feel free to confirm yourself and heep derision upon those who gouge OR just get an EVO VIII.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey there guys. My name is Jason and I'm @ a Subie dealer in the midwest. Just so you all know, we are selling ours for MSRP and nothing more. Not even for any that we have on the lot! Call me if you have any questions.

Jason Murley
Lujack Subaru
Iowa
800-373-1160 X236

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hey Jason....where in Iowa are you guys? I have a deposit down with Jack Miller in Cedar Rapids......but just curious where you are.

I'm from the Omaha area.....went to Iowa State for the first few years of my degree.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey there Rob! How is your day going? To answer your question, we are in Davenport, Iowa. Not too far from Cedar Rapids. How have they been treating you? Okay I hope. Yeah, like I said before, we Are Not charging any more than whatever the MSRP of the vehicle is and we're only taking $500 deposits. If you have any other questions, please feel free to call me at any time! Hope you have a Great day and I'll talk to you later!

Jason Murley
800-373-1160 X236

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
They're treating me really well. I get quick response from them whenever I need something answered.

They have the same policy for the deposit and MSRP. It's amazing to hear of the dealerships that would bother trying to jack people around when preordering.

·
Registered
631 Posts
:D

Rob,

Hey there. I'm glad to hear that you're getting treated well. I hope that everything else with them goes Great!

Oh, yeah, and enjoy your STi when you get it!

Jason Murley
Lujack Subaru
Iowa/Illinois
800-373-1160 X-236

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hear ya in Portland...I have talked to all the dealers here in OR and South west WA and all say at least $5k. Your best bet is to talk to Bernie Russnogle at CARR Subaru. He is the Motorsports Director there. If you want to get the best deal, call Christian Manz. His direct line is 503-672-3385. He is the fleet sales manager, he will be able to get you the best price and CARR will be getting by far the most STi's in the state.

I am getting my STi from Thomas Sales and Service in Bend. The only reason that I am getting it there is the fact that I have a friend of nearly 20 years that works there and he will be able to hook me up phat :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
rear wing

Hey STiNGER, can your friend in Bend hook me up at MSRP? Or maybe even a little over instead of 5K over?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts