IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
AWD turbo 350hp= 38k
Rwd turbo 350hp=30k
Rwd turbo 280hp=27k

My vote: AWD turbo 350hp. I'd be first in line to pay top dollar!!

My person vote.. Screw the 4 banger.. DI the h6 3.6L and turbo it AWD it, 400+hp, I'd pay 45k+.
Listen to the people Subaru!! Let's shut Nissan up!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
AWD turbo 350hp= 38k
Rwd turbo 350hp=30k
Rwd turbo 280hp=27k

My vote: AWD turbo 350hp. I'd be first in line to pay top dollar!!

My person vote.. Screw the 4 banger.. DI the h6 3.6L and turbo it AWD it, 400+hp, I'd pay 45k+.
Listen to the people Subaru!! Let's shut Nissan up!!
Don't forget to add at least 700 lbs, 6-8 inches in length and a much higher center of gravity. You are describing an entirely different car.

I'd go for whatever power they could make with a low boost turbo or even supercharger (280-300) and leave the rest of it alone (aside from small wheel, tire, brake upgrades for the extra power).

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, there are hints of a coupe WRX in the works, so that may be the answer for some people. I think they intend to keep the BRZ as a RWD. I wouldn't mind if they just balanced the crap out of the engine, 9k redline and 250 hp...S2000 coupe anyone? On top of that, the base BRZ is 300 lbs lighter than the outgoing s2k would make for a hell of a track toy.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
280hp...WTF?

We got 305. I'll keep what I got.
Don't forget you also have 700 extra pounds.

The BRZ/FR-S is *NOT* a replacement for the STI. I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that this is Subaru's new flagship. It's a fun, lightweight, RWD car that rekindles part of the original spirit of "Sportscar". Getting a BRZ for straight-line driving is as dumb as buying a STI for roll racing.

·
pwn n00bs
18,214 Posts
they can't make the car awd based on it's design, i don't know why people keeping saying it.

a 280hp turbo version, would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Why do you say they can't make it AWD? You can make any car AWD with enough loot..

·
pwn n00bs
18,214 Posts
yep, just it's design. motor has to move forward, not enough room for clearance. the nature of it is to be RWD. that's like saying you're going to make a corvette awd. lolz.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Why do you say they can't make it AWD? You can make any car AWD with enough loot..
The front axles would be center bore of cylinders 3 and 4. In other words, the engine is completely in the way making it impossible to do any traditional AWD setup (espeically Subaru's symmetrical setup).

The whole point of this car is to be RWD (hence the R in BRZ). Low center of gravity, low mass in the front and rear overhangs, low weight. AWD does not work well with these three.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Ah ok. Then tuned in for pics of this wrx coupe that was mentioned and hoping for a sti coupe in the future!

61 - 80 of 106 Posts