IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the Subaru BRZ STI concept car and its specifications have been revealed at the LA Auto Show, many have expressed interest in a forced induction variation.

Assuming the car's rigidity, suspension, and drivetrain were redesigned to accommodate this option in the future, what price would you be willing to pay for a 280+ HP BRZ STI from the factory?

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts
I think that there will be buyers for both cars and the BRZ would not poach WRX sales if it remains RWD and even if they are in the same price range. Who knows, maybe I am wrong.
Pretty hard decision I should say. They are both sporty regardless.

Married & with kids = WRX or STI
Single and happy = BRZ :lol:

Hardcore autox/trackers = BRZ? :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm thinking 35k. Who knows if it would go higher, a 370z NISMO is 40k MSRP (The base and touring are about 30 and 35k, respectively).

·
Registered
141 Posts
If I could knew I could buy a new design 350hp Subie for $35k I'd be in on that price.

As far as pricing goes with this being a new model there will be the dreaded over sticker premium pricing until the supply catches up with demand, if ever. Let's face it these WRX/STI rides are just plain ridiculuosly fun to own.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
280hp for 28K - that's smoking crack/super wishful thinking... car is gonna weigh between 2600-2800lbs... that's a pretty nice power to weight ratio.

If they do a 280hp turbo version, with the strong STI trans in it and the Brembo's all-around, I'd pay around $32-35K no questions asked.

No way a 350hp version for as low as $35K would exist. TT-RS is more like $55K... so you'd be looking at a used one for the price of this ... maybe.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts