IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those people that have mods already, could you please list them to give an idea of what i want to do to my car. Alot of people give advise, but advise themselves not to do the same. I want to know what actually works and how much it's help; is it worth it?????? Thanks a lot for all of your input, grealty appreciated!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Perrin crank pulley. (rpms climb quicker, car feels lighter)
TurboXS shorty intake w/ K&N Typhoon filter.(8-10hp gain)
Both simple mods and very happy with both.
-Sin52

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
O boy... ;)

Perrin Inlet Hose - Increased hp due to more air flow/smoother movement :) raised psi by tiny if at all
Perrin SRI (Short Ram Intake) - Increased hp/tq due to more air and less restrictive filter. Probably little to no gain in psi.
Perrin Catch Can - Used to keep your intake/intercooler/turbo/etc clean by routing the pcv and one other spot (forgot the names - brain fart).
Perrin Crank Pulley - Less rotating mass on the engine. Faster revs and imo more hp lol, but we dont wanna go there again ;).
Perrin Radiator Shroud - For looks, doesnt block air from going over radiator like most shrouds
Whiteline Diff Bushings - Gets rid of the clunks and keeps your differential from "floating"
StaticX Grounding Kit - Very stable electrical system, smooth idle, more hp/tq, better mpg, etc etc etc
STI Strut Bars (Front and Rear) - Stiffens the chassis up pretty good
Blitz SBC-ID III - Extremely nice boost controller. I could go on for days about it, but in a nutshell.. its very accurate and quick to spool up. Has a ton of good features and is the best out there.
GodSpeed Downpipe - Huge difference, especially in top end. Catless and will give a huge gain in power.
GTSpec 3 headers (on order) - Should be a good torque gain. I will be ordering one whenever the header test is finished (by ds1)
Blitz nur spec R - Ordered today, more top end power and less back pressure. To me I love how it feels *I owned one previously* as everything is smooth and no where near as notchy as with the stock catback. Ported the wastegate some so boost creep shouldnt be a problem.
Cusco full sway bar set and GT Spec endlinks - should help steering and stability by a lot. I will be ordering these tomorrow. :)

Hope this helps, my link in my sig will provide you more info too (cardomain).

Robert~

·
Registered
949 Posts
sound system: allows me to drive more aggressively due to mood enhancing audio stimulation
pink "i" badge: enhances weight distribution, and transmits an aerial signal whenever i'm in trouble
staticx ground kit: not in car yet, but i have it hooked up to my microwave and popcorn pops much quicker and there is no butter burn
air freshener: vanilla scented, supposedly it brings in the ladies!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
"staticx ground kit: not in car yet, but i have it hooked up to my microwave and popcorn pops much quicker and there is no butter burn "

LOL!! That was great man!

Robert~

·
Registered
493 Posts
ok, everyone, help me out

pink "i" badge: enhances weight distribution, and transmits an aerial signal whenever i'm in trouble
This actually tones the STi down into a cute pinky badged car :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ss3homer said:
thx everyone for taking the time to give me an idea of what im competing with. j/k
hehe you better get started soon ;) I dont plan on stopping the modding for a while now :D hehehe

Robert~

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
static, which did you do first? and who installed it, and im not great with cars and i really on't want anything to happen, so if you did install it, did you regret it?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I havent regretted a mod I've done. My first mods were the strut bars and whiteline differential bushings. I put them on. Then I did the short ram and catch can. I got my mechanic to put on the crank pulley. ETc... You can pm me if you want and I go into big detail of each mod. I was just keeping it simple up there :).

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
:) Awsome man! Nice work.. 60 mods... thats very impressive.

Robert~

·
Registered
542 Posts
Outside stuff:
*Yokohama AVS ES100 tires
*JDM STI badges
*cleared front lights
*5% side/rear tinted windows
*Tanabe 1.3 in lowering springs
*custom-made grill for hood scoop
*front tint strip on windshield
Engine mods:
*modified snorkus (cut-off box section of resonator)
*Blitz SUS BOV
*STI high-flow air filter
*STI radiator pressure cap
*painted alternator shield etc.
*HELIX downpipe
*GRUPPE-S header
*2.5 custom catback
*APEXi N1 exhaust
Interior mods:
*APEXi Rev/Speed Meter
*OEM boost gauge
*WRX floor mats
*OEM armrest extension
*ALPINE Type R 12" subwoofer/box
*PIONEER PRIMER deck
*PIONEER LCD-DVD player
*KICKER 800w amp
*TAKATA shoulderbelt pads
*SIRIUS satellite stereo

Just to name a few things I have done to my STI....

Future mod: V-limited edition front lip from SUBARU/STI.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Blitz SUS intake
Blitz SUS BOV
Helix Up and downpipe
Apexi GT Spec exhaust
Apexi Turbo timer
Kevlar intercooler screen
Hood scoop screen
Cusco front strut bar

In the process of looking for a good set of coilovers.

·
Registered
493 Posts
On the Fumoto Valve..

Does it drain slow like the FRAM drain valve from Walmart?
I know FRAM does not carry one for Subaru.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts